“Very Good Week end Buffet”
Review of Tandoori Chef

Tandoori Chef
Ranked #77 of 158 Restaurants in Hackensack
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We had a family get together for Lunch Buffet on a Saturday. We called ahead and told them that there will be 11 of us and they arranged a table and it was ready when we arrived.
The quality of food was very good. They bought Masala Dosa and Naan to the table. The service was very good. There is only street parking and it is only a quarter per hour. We will definitely visit this place again.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

We consider ourselves Indian restaurant afficionados. We have located and visited practically every Indian restaurant within 20 miles of our home as well as many in other locations. We located this restaurant online one day looking for something new. There is a printable coupon on their website so make sure you get that before going.

The decor and atmosphere is mediocre but the food is very good. We generally order vegetarian selections and this time was no exception.

For appetizers we had the samosa chaat which was good. There were 3 of us so we ordered 3 entrees: a lentil dish, vegetable curry and aloo gobi. Our custom is to sample each others entrees. All were very good and there were plenty of leftovers to take home.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

In march 2007 I gave this restaurant 5 stars for its excellent and well nuanced food. On my most recent visit it seemed to have changed management and the food went from standout to pedestrian, much to my disappointment. Flavors did not stand out as on my previous visits. Now it's just OK and like many other suburban Indian places so I'll look elsewhere. Service was friendly but a bit disorganized although adequate.

Reviewed May 25, 2011

Accidently walked into Tandoori with a friend from work last month...I go there once a week now for lunch...The buffet is off the hook...what a good mistake I made walking in there...

1  Thank SaraPicard
Reviewed March 22, 2011

A great Indian restaurant is rare in Northern New Jersey. The staff here was friendly and the food was excellent. I would highly recommend taking a trip there to try out their menu. The vegetarian restaurant next door has a great Indian Chinese menu too.

P.S You must try their naan!