“Don't Waste Your Money”

Ranked #76 of 162 Restaurants in Hackensack
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I had dined for years at the PF Changs near the Perimeter Mall in Atlanta Georgia and the food was always fantastic. The first time I dined here I was disappointed. The second time again disappointed. The third time the food was very close to being inedible. Although the restaurant is nice the food is just below average. I have lived in Atlanta and Northern California as well as traveled extensively and the food in New Jersey is just lacking. Since living in New Jersey I am forced to cook frequently just to have good food to eat.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

It's typical PFChangs. If you have your favorites like I do -- Mongolian Beef, Lettuce Wraps, etc.. you'll love this one too. Only downside, some nights can take FOREVER to get a table.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I went to dine at PF Changs last week and there was dog (I don't believe a cockerspaniel is a service dog) allowed to enter the restaurant with a group of 8 people and there was a woman next to me who was about to be seated that had a small dog in her pocketbook. I like dogs but do not belong in crowded restaurants. This one is off my list.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I should have known when I walked in and there were no Asians eating. There weren't many Asians serving or cooking for that matter. Not to say that good chefs can't cross over, but the lack of authenticity is apparent. I was invited for a birthday party, so I went along with the choice, but being a native New Yorker whose eaten in the Chinatown basement restaurants and dim sum houses, this was definitely a strech. It's American food with an Asian nod. The appetizer was the chicken lettuce wraps - way too sweet. It went downhill from there. Most of the dishes didn't even approximate the originals. The orange beef - full of sugar. The curry vegetables had little to no flavor. The Mongolian beef was flavorless and tough. The Thai Street Noodles - give me a break! I had to put some chilli paste and soy just to make them edible. The place is full of guest downing the stuff, so obviously it appeals to someone. Just not anyone with a taste for the real thing. Next time I will pass. The best part of the meal: a delicious birthday cake from B&W Bakery - chocolate mousse with whip cream frosting. Yum! If you like play dough and loud noise this may fit the bill.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

This past Saturday is the third time I've visited this PF Changs in the last 2 years. It was a very busy night. The food was delicious, promptly served, and reasonably priced. The restroom was spotless. It's hard to ask for more than that and it's been the case each time we've eaten here. I'll go back anytime I'm in the area and hungry.