“Pretty but mediocre”
Review of Stony Hill Inn

Stony Hill Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Stony Hill Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 169 Restaurants in Hackensack
Cuisines: European, Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2012

The Stony Hill Inn is a very attractive location, good service, good for business lunches and special events but the menu is mediocre and changes rarely. Risotto was good if a bit over salted. They do a decent prix fixe lunch which is reasonable. It does have an elegant bar so if you are looking for an elegant venue for a couple of drinks, it is a good choice.

1  Thank MEB2009

Reviewed January 10, 2012

I attended one of the best Bridal Showers I have ever been to at this place. It is beautiful and the food was excellent.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Very good italian food. Only issue is that the service could be better. Think it is targeted better to "regulars". They do a nice buffet for groups - my one group has the annual holiday party there each year.

Reviewed December 10, 2011

My wife and I took a trip to the Inn because we had a $75 gift certificate. Gifts like these are nice because it makes you try different places, such as the SHI, which we probably would have never had gone to if not for the gift. GREAT GIFT! Everything we had there was excellent, from the cherry pepper infused olive oil, colassal shrimp, fried meatballs(awesome but too many), and our entrees...lobster ravioli with chopped shrimp and chicken savoy(too many pieces!). I am 6' 1" and 275 pounds and I could only muscle down 2 of my ravioli's after eating 3 shrimp and 3 meatballs....guess it was the olive oil and bread that filled me, but I was stuffed. The atmosphere is quaint although grand at the same time. There was a live band and even dancing if you wished. The crowd was mixed, although predominantly "silver foxes". I would go back in a heart beat....The bill was $100 with our gifted discount, but we also shared an awesome bottle of kendal jackson's grand reserve cabernet!...for $58! The only complaint I would have would be a crisper service. They weren't bad, but didn't really fit the atmosphere.

1  Thank Melikeyfood
Reviewed October 24, 2011

From The women at the front desk to the total lack of service I would never return.
The food is no longer edible, I was told I couldnt eat in the main house but had to eat in a room off the bar totally unexecpteble. Good writtens Stony Hill Inn I will not be returning, There are just to many good restaurants with pleasant employees that are happy to see you and willing to go the extra mile. The only place in NJ that the Receptionist/Banquet Manager Kathy is drinking wine at the bar with the coat check lady and too busy to help you. All i can say is WOW...

1  Thank ricky d