“HAMBURGER NIRVANA!”

Dining options: Late Night
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“HAMBURGER NIRVANA!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Forget McDonalds, Burger King or ANY gourmet places. This is the place to go for hamburgers and cheeseburgers and NOTHING ELSE! Diners, Drive Inns and Dives as well as Burger Land have been here for GOOD REASON! I've eaten more burgers here when lived in town for 35 years than ALL OTHER burgers elsewhere combined and I'm 54!

The place is a 1939 style diner with grill center stage and you SIT AROUND it. Get there EARLY cause only seats 20. Burgers are ground on site and made to order. Personal favorite is 2 Double Cheese with Grilled AND Raw onions. The burgers are SMALL, come on a potato roll (!) and taste great. FORGET the lettuce and tomato! Just get another burger if you're still hungry. Order fries crispy too! Milkshakes are big, thick and creamy.

If you want another treat, go for breakfast cause the Taylor Ham is fried on the same grill! Eggs, toast and breakfast fries complete the deal. You CAN get a burger for breakfast if you're so inclined!

• Visited March 2013

• Korean first
Wabash, Indiana
“Meatlovers only!!!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Seriously, if you are a vegetarian, the only things on the menu for you are fries or onion rings. All the burgers are made on the premises, and this is where White Castle got its idea for their sliders, or where just about any restaurant. Great place for a bite, although you might have to wait if you go at peak lunch time, it has been known to have lines out the door. Not to mention, you are going to be eating in the place that is the size of the old woman's shoe. I recommend the one in Hackensack over Jersey City because its the original.

Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
“Celebrated buying a house by going to White Manna??”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We visited White Manna on the day that we closed on our house at a title company in Hackensack. I vaguely recollect going there as a small girl with my father - I remember not being able to see over the counter! But since that date about 25 years ago, I hadn't been back. My husband and I are FDU alums and spent years on campus only a few blocks away without ever visiting White Manna. So on a day when we were back in Hackensack AND together, it seemed like a hilarious way to celebrate our new 1920's era house! I totally loved that it's the original Art Deco style building, that the counter only seats 12, that the grill and cook are in the center and that almost nothing has changed for 50 years. Ambiance is awesome and there is nothing more awesome than a surly diner grill cook in gritty Hackensack, New Jersey!
The burgers were delicious - bare bones and no-nonsense. We each had two and split an order of fries. We sat at the counter with an incredibly diverse group of people - all colors, ages and religions. It was spectacular! Definitely an experience!!!

• Visited April 2013
South Pasadena, California
“Just great burgers!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Been eating burgers here for 50 years,always fresh and great grilled onions,eating 5 burgers a visit at least for me!

Visited May 2013
Johnstown, PA
“Classic Jersey Burger Joint”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Travelling by Hackensack, my DDD phone app highlighted I'd be cruising right by White Manna hamburgers. Having eaten at nicer sit-down establishments all week, I was ready for a bit of greasy classic burger indulgence. If it can't kill you, its not worth eating! As other reviewers mention, this is a tiny diner type joint. I dropped in at 2pm, and the place was packed, with the line just outside the door. I had 3 single cheesburgers, with an order of cheese fries. What makes these is frying side 1 with the onions on top, then flipping the burger with the onions kissing the grill. Then grill lady mashed the whole grill worth of mushy mess together, ending with the roll being put over the burger before its pulled off. This is a nice quick place to stop if you're tired of the burger chain doldrums. I do wish you could get some mushrooms on these bad boys.

• Visited April 2013