“Dinner Special No Longer "Special"”

Morton's The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 160 Restaurants in Hackensack
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 4 & River Road
Description: Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Morton's continues to offer their 3-course dinner special but the price has slowly crept up to $60 a person. And one of the items, the Shrimp Alexander, once touted as Colossal, is now listed as Jumbo in their recent ads. But in reality, we received 3 smallish shrimps (probably were 25-32/lb uncooked size). 1-2 bites each. Also, the waiter told us the filets were 6 ounces (uncooked, of course) but my wife took hers home and it weighed exactly 4.0 ounces suggesting it was originally a bit less than 6 ounces (I checked the internet and the usual rule of thumb it that you lose 10-25% upon cooking depending on starting size and degree of doneness). Taste-wise they are still excellent. Morton's also did away with their waiter "show" where the various cuts of steaks (and lobster) and later, the desserts, are displayed. It was always fun seeing the lobster try to crawl off the table. Sadly, for us, it's no longer our go-to restaurant for steaks.

1  Thank jjder8

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I liked the happy hour menu the steak I did not really care for. It's a nice place but if I am going to spend that much I would rather go to Del Frisco's or Peter Lugers

1  Thank David M
Reviewed February 13, 2014

My husband and I went there for lunch this week. We ordered drinks, water (with lemon) and decided to order from the pre-fix lunch menu. The water was poured but no lemon, our drinks came (mine with a tree of thyme stems) and my husband's very normal looking bloody Mary and still no lemon slices. Finally the waiter provided the lemon for the water and the wedges have pits in them. This is a pet peeve of mine. You expect at a diner for them not care but at a Morton's, a little more pride please. The lunch food was very good, lobster bisque, rib eye and chopped steak, mashed potatoes and we ordered a side of cream spinach. We did not finish the cream spinach and requested to take it home (it never made it back to the table and we forgot about it). We both had the chocolate mousse dessert and it was really good. For a slow day I would expect service to be better. Morton's is just a high end chain restaurant while the food is expensive it does not mean it is top notch.

1  Thank genine810
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Morton's has become our special occasion restaurant. Again, Morton's didn't disappoint. Service and atmosphere are top notch. The steaks, the seafood and desserts are all to die for! My personal favorites are the Shrimp Alexander and Chocolate Lava Cake. The addition of the "Bacon Steak" appetizer is an added bonus. It was outstanding. Yes the prices are high, but you get what you pay for! Choice steaks and prime seafood come at a price.

1  Thank TDypko
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Celebrated my husbands birthday and my son- in - laws birthday. Meal was delicious and they surprised us with two special desserts. Dinner for 6 was $850. Good thing those two special desserts were on the house. Lol

1  Thank grandma4920