“Christmas Luncheon”

Ranked #33 of 158 Restaurants in Hackensack
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Dined here this week for Lunch, the restaurant is renovated and immaculate; staff could not have been better, very attentive with zero complaints. Food overall was very good however, some items were better than others. Appetizer's were Fritto Misto & Burratta. Fried Calamari was very good but not served with any sauce; tasty but I have had better. Burratta is stuffed Mozzarella & Prosciutto this was excellent and highly recommended. I had a pasta special dish with clams and pasta. Again, Not bad but not outstanding. The steak dish was very good and the salmon was average. Desert included chocolate moose, crème brulee, cheese cake and carrot cake. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the deserts.

Four People with 2 mixed drinks and 2 glasses of wine, including three courses was around $220 without tip. A little pricey for quality, but the meal was very much enjoyed. They offer a Sunday Brunch and have several special event nights including wine tastings throughout the upcoming months.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I was in town for the holidays and visited what used to be The Restaurant. I had not been back in many years and was so impressed with the look and feel of the new place. The bartender Jose was so welcoming and funny. We sat at the bar and never wanted to leave. It was also great to see Louie and Eric again. The staff there is fantastic. We had a meat and cheese plate and then got a pizza to go but everything was great. The next time I'm in town I will look forward to having dinner there and enjoying a great evening.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had dinner reservations here on Saturday evening. They have free valet parking which is a big plus. When we entered, we were pleasantly greeting and taken to a lovely table. The restaurant is layed out very well and elegant. We had a shrimp cocktail which was a good size, but very little cocktail sauce---I did ask for more. The caesar salad was delicious. I had the Chicken which was good, but the preparation should have been better. My mate had the Veal which he said was tough. Since it was our first time there, he decided not to send it back, but did not enjoy his dinner at all. The desserts were excellent and the service was good, but not exceptional.

We were pleasantly surprised to learn that they had entertainment and dancing until the entertainment started. Ruthann was average, but the guitar player was absolutely awful and somewhat crude and did not compliment Ruthann in any way. Since my mate has been in the entertainment and movie industry for over 55 years, I guess we can say that we know music when we hear it and this was not. If we decided to return and give this restaurant another chance, we would definitely check the calendar and not go on the evening they are performing. I suggest you do the same unless you are a relative.

The layout of this restaurant is perfect and this restaurant could be excellent with some much needed improvements. The staff and waiters could be friendlier and much more efficent and attentive. The menu is fair and needs quality, selection and preparation improvements. The prices are reasonable for the atmosphere, entertainment (if good) and dancing. We really believe this restaurant could be the best in New Jersey if improved.

We might give it another chance in the Fall to see if it does improve and will definitely check the entertainment schedule first.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Attended a private party here and was VERY impressed with this place. Simple but, elegant décor, great staff and absolutely delicious dishes. We had a buffet and it was a great way to test many items. Really loved it and will be back for a regular dinner!

1  Thank BergenLady