“Great place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

I'm biased cos I love diners. I'm new to the NJ area but I am drawn to all diners. I prefer the retro styling of older diners and while I don't see that at The New Heritage I don't seem to mind as it's an updated modern styled diner. Homely, busy but quiet. Great menu selection and the service can't be faulted. Will definitely be back.

1  Thank GerardPC

Reviewed January 18, 2014

There are so many items on this menu but no matter what I select it is always good. The prices are reasonable and the portions are large...usually need a doggy bag! The staff is attentive and have a great knowledge of the menu whenever you ask questions. There are usually 5 or 6 items on the "early bird" that include soup, salad bar and dessert. Also a daily specials dinner menu including soup, salad bar and dessert. The cheesecake was great. I would definitely return.

2  Thank Cyndes
Reviewed October 31, 2013

With close proximity to Costco's I generally stop by this diner to get breakfast before heading there. I have never been disappointed! In fact, I've even invited others to eat there as well! The waffles, of which they have every kind you could imagine, the same going for pancakes, were out of this world! I tell the cashier that every time I eat there - there's something about those waffles!

It's a very 'rural' feel to the place, reflected occasionally by the waiter staff, and everyone is focus on serving the customer.

"Them there waffles!"

1  Thank Gary B
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I loved this place. Plenty of parking, easy to find and a huge menu. The service was unbelievable and waitress very friendly. Place is large yet not noisy. I had breakfast and dinner there. Breakfast was quick hot and pancakes were excellent. Dinner also good worst part of dining experience is wading through menu. Everyone at table enjoyed meal. We were all full but took some dessert as take out.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stopped here for a late breakfast after a business appointment. At first glance, the restaurant didn't appear to be anything special...a typical north jersey diner.

However, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and the prices seemed reasonable. The menu was very extensive, and the prices seemed reasonable for the area.

I ordered a Texas breakfast wrap (essentially a Texas style omelette in a wrap). My wife ended up with one of the breakfast quesadillas.

Both orders were surprisingly very large when delivered (pretty quickly), and both very good. We were very pleased with the food, and overall very happy with the overall value of the meal.

A good place, and I would not hesitate to return for another breakfast, or to try other meals.