“Best Brunch with Cheerful Mackenzie Childs decor”
Review of Chit Chat Diner

Chit Chat Diner
Ranked #7 of 169 Restaurants in Hackensack
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Absolutely awesome for brunch . Bright and lively decor makes you just want to sing !
Anything you order from breakfast menu is just superb

Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Went to chit chat on a recommendation. The decor outside and in was great. Menu is simple with good options.
Coffee was good.
I ordered a proscuito, motz, and spinach sandwich and sweet Potato fries. Both were excellent.
Chit chat is worth the stop if you are in the area for a visit or hopping off the highway for a bite to eat.

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Okay on the plus side first our server was attentive and as fast as she could be. That being said appetizer sampler arrived with 2 of the 3 items barely lukewarm, and when I reviewed the check I was charged for a soda refill-in a nj diner. When I voiced my concern to the hostess/cashier I got the remark "we're not like other diners" yes you're right, they serve hot food HOT and refills on the cokes are free. Guess where I am not going again?

1  Thank trailerkeith
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Good NJ style diner. The MacKenzie Childs decor makes it a bit moire upscale. Usual go for business lunches and breakfast meeting. What can i say? Why look at the menu? Think of what you want and they have it.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

My daughter had mentioned this restaurant to me before and given it high praises. But I have learned from past experience never to rate a restaurant until I have experienced it. My first impression was good. I thought the decor was nice, it looked busy so worried I would have to wait long.. Not the case. We were seated after a few minutes wait and our orders were taken in a timely fashion. I ordered the whole wheat pancakes that were topped with fresh berries and other fruit. It was all fresh, and my coffee was brewed at a perfect strength. The twist here were the mimosas. I didn't expect to have mimosas along with my meal so it was a pleasant addition. And then came the reason why this restaurant is titled Chit Chat. At the end of the table are a stack of cards with questions on them. An example of a question, 'What person, currently living, has been an inspiration to you? It cannot be a friend a family member?' Questions continued and my daughter and I had a very pleasant 'chit chat' about our thoughts, memories and favorite things. I enjoyed this restaurant. And would highly recommend it. As far as it being a 'diner' - not quite but who cares! The prices were competitive, the food was good, and the staff were friendly. When you get to my age you've learned that when something comes to perfect you tend to appreciate the experience.