“Authentic Cuban food very affordable”
Review of Casual Habana Cafe

Casual Habana Cafe
Ranked #2 of 160 Restaurants in Hackensack
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

It has improved over time. The first few times I went, everything was amazing. Then had a few "just ok" meals but now we're back to "this is do good I want more"!!! Prices are very affordable and Benny is always working the floor interacting with diners. The steak with chimichurri is always good, the classic Cuban sandwich, the chorizo empanadas and the pernil asado is outstanding! Now they deliver too!!!

1  Thank viaggiaresempre73

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Came down to the metro area for a family outing... We found this place on Tripadvisor. From my initial contact for reservations, to the moment we walked out the door, Ben was helpful, friendly and genuine. He checked in twice during the meal and was sincerely interested in making sure we were enjoying our meal. From the apps to dessert, the food was excellent (and I'm a quasi- foodie). The portions were large and the prices were more than reasonable. The BYOB option was really nice... we brought our own wine which really helped keep the tab under control for our party. We all left very happy campers! I would definitely return if I was in the area!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Benny will accommodate gluten free requests and the place is always nice and clean. The food is so flavorful and great spanish spices. Hits the spot every time like it was cooked at home. Love it!

Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I have to say that I never been here for dinner, however, lunch here is fantastic! They have a great selection and the chicken is fantastic! If you haven't tried it; get over there for lunch and give it a shot.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This wonderful BYOB restaurant is always hopping. The food is great, and the people are always friendly. The owner Benny creates some wonderful Cuban dishes, but the Baby Pernil (roasted pork shank), and the whole crispy red snapper are my favorite. We love coming here with a group of friends so we can order a variety of appetizers for the table. We usually bring a bottle of wine, but you can also bring a bottle of rum and have Benny make you a pitcher of Mojitos. This restaurant gets five stars in my book!

1  Thank Kim H