“NEVER AGAIN WILL I STAY!!!”

Quality Inn Gloucester City
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Gloucester City
Clarksburg, Maryland
“NEVER AGAIN WILL I STAY!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I booked 2 rooms for my friends and I at this property. I should have known to cancel the rooms when I had trouble changing the name of the reservations. The people at the front desk are rude, inconsiderate and do not understand courtesy. We were a group of females looking to have fun. The rooms were awful. The hotel was under renovation and looked terrible. I have been to hotels that have been under renovation and still in business that have looked better. I do not understand why housekeeping does not know the standards when it comes to CLEAN!!! Upon our arrival to the hotel from our evening out there were bums hanging around the hotel entrance, so not safe for anyone. When I called to speak to the Owner/GM I was told she is away on family emergency and she is unavailable to be contacted. I was also told there wasn't a manager on duty. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone nor will I stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stay at CHOICE hotels, and everyday I wonder WHY ? Most choice hotels are outdated and in desperate need of repair..like this one !! I am about to head to breakfast but I am afraid of what I will find...no doubt it won't be fresh..with all the choices for my money..I am losing faith on CHOICE..too many frequent disappointment ....oh by the way the Internet signal here is HORRENDOUS..like back in the Stone Age

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is the worst rating I have ever rated. It is very poorly run, managed and maintained. Staff was clueless and unfriendly, public areas are tasteless. You can't judge a book by it's cover. This hotel is worse than one star so please Avoid unless you like to adventure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank UpperCapeResident
Jacksonville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is the first review I have ever written mostly because I would like to warn women traveling with young children. I honestly thought the reviews I had read concerning this hotel were going to be exaggerated....until I checked in. After driving 10 hours driving (at 11:30pm) I was given a 2nd floor room. I explained to the man at the front desk that I had two children asleep and that I would have to carry them one at a time. He assured me there were no 1st floor rooms available. Second there is no street light in the parking lot of building D. I mean not one light. It was completely dark! I tripped and twisted my ankle coming down a curb I could not see. Third, there are no elevators. I had to carry both kids and then the luggage around the corner up the stairs then down the hallway. The room, surprisingly, was clean. The bathroom was clean as well. The "hot breakfast" has pictures of scrambled eggs, bacon, and waffles. There are only waffles (which the kids loved). There were cereals, toast, yogurt, and some fruit available.
Most importantly....the hotel was advertised as having free internet. I am a student and have homework due by midnight. The internet does not work in my room. I called the front desk numerous times, throughout the day, concerning the issue. First I was told it was my computer's firewall...then I was assured they would reset the router. I called the 1-800 tech support # and was left on hold for over 45 min. No one ever answered. I called the front desk again that evening. The man suggested I come to the lobby to do my homework...which completely defeats the purpose of reserving a room with internet access. Plus being 11pm my children were in the room sleep. I still find it quite difficult to be in 2 places at once. If you are planning on sleeping here ONLY and are ONLY looking for a clean bed..this place is right up your alley. I can honestly say this has been the worst hotel experience I have ever had. The hallways are dank and dingy. The stairs are dangerous, my son fell down a flight of concrete steps because his shoes caught on the runner. All things aside, I take my education very seriously. I NEVER would have booked a room without internet access and i am very disappointed in the service.I feel I should have been partially reimbursed by The Quality Inn for the inconsistencies (falsehoods) of their advertisements.This is ridiculous, and we will be checking into a different hotel tomorrow. I am going to try to upload photos 2moro from my phone. It really does look like a scary movie. Good Luck

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

We just left and it was miserable..there were rats. There were bed bugs. The pool had dead birds in it..dirty towels dirty rags..1945 tv's..toilet was loose..the bathtub was scum..The sausage was like eating a tire. There were weirdos everywhere..it looked like a hotel on a scary movie..

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Igohard
Camden, New Jersey, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stayed there on a thursday wasnt in the room long but thru the nite one of my kids was lookin for a toy a stumbled upon a needle with clear liquid still inside altho it was only a few drops it was the middle of the nite n i didnt go down to the office until morning only to b treated as if i was the one usin it her name was Shah i asked repeadly to speak to a manager only to b ignored n told no manager was on site i called several days after still trying to speak to a manager n still told the same no manager on duty the poor manager was very rude to every gust of color several complaints made only to be discarded or ignored by front desk staff i have tried to get the number from corpate but the staff will not give a number if they kno u wanna complain fyi Shah everyone is not lookin for a free room but rite is rite n wrong is wrong u were very rude for no reason my children r my first priority so to hell with u n wat u think i wanted the manager for there is someone over top of your manager so if no one will speak with me may u will speak with your boss!!!! signed one pissed off mother!

Room Tip: spend the extra money!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rita B
Minneapolis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

Was sent to this hotel by Delta when flight from Philly was cancelled. Location of hotel is not great - you cannot easily walk to anything. The restaurant and bar were closed at 8pm. The lobby furniture, in addition to being tacky, was disgustingly dirty. Service was slow and not great. I didn't try breakfast. Rooms stunk of deodorizer or something chemical-like. Bugs (fruit flies in room), but that could have ben my fault for keeping the door propped open to get the room aired out. Air conditioner was loud as ajet engine and continually cyled on and off. Sink was cracked. Old, beat up furniture. Old bathroom with toilet seat that wouldn't stay up. Luke warm water. Even for someone looking for a bargain, I would not recommend anyone stay here.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
aloft Philadelphia Airport
#56 of 85 in Philadelphia
BEST WESTERN Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn
Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - Cherry Hill

Been to Quality Inn Gloucester City? Share your experiences!