Rodeway Inn
$57
Motel 6
$69
Budgen Inn and Suites(Mount Ephraim)
$65
$86
  • Breakfast included
$191
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Was sent to this hotel by Delta when flight from Philly was cancelled. Location of hotel is not great - you cannot easily walk to anything. The restaurant and bar were closed at 8pm. The lobby furniture, in addition to being tacky, was disgustingly dirty. Service was slow and not great. I didn't try breakfast. Rooms stunk of deodorizer or something chemical-like. Bugs (fruit flies in room), but that could have ben my fault for keeping the door propped open to get the room aired out. Air conditioner was loud as ajet engine and continually cyled on and off. Sink was cracked. Old, beat up furniture. Old bathroom with toilet seat that wouldn't stay up. Luke warm water. Even for someone looking for a bargain, I would not recommend anyone stay here.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank INeedColdBeer
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Just stayed at this hotel and paid $65/night on Priceline.com. The room was adequate and certainly worth the price. It was clean with no bugs or bedbugs. Electricity was adequate and the WiFi clocked in at an impressive 8 Mb/sec. The shower waxed warm and cool, but got hot enough to shower if you waited. We didn't try the breakfast, so can't comment. Housekeeping was good. A bit noisy as it is surrounded by major roads. Room a/c makes the room get hot and cold. Unlike the other review, the staff was quite friendly and helpful. There aren't too many choices in this area and this hotel is as good as the others.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Mom and pop run so they must adhere to whatever quality standards they come up despite it being franchised by Quality Inn. The room did have coffee, a frige which were nice.. But not so friendly staff. Price was very cheap so having a cheap bed, cheap everything in the room didn't bother me as it was expected. BUT THE LOBBY AND THE ROOM HAD A STRONG CHEMICAL STENCH!!! The furniture in lobby and eating area were way too gaudy. Due to the stench (and the room was depressing) I at one point considered taking a loss and check into a hotel but since I was busy out of the room all day, I decided to stay put just to sleep and get out early next am. I have to say the room, despite being really cheap, was clean. The location is convenient.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Checked into the Quality Inn for one night, as our college soccer team was playing locally. You can't beat the price ($80 including tax), but there is a reason it's that cheap.

My friend and I had been given adjoining rooms. He opened his door first, to find someone else's clothes and items in the room. Red flag #1!! My room had no such items in it. In fact, it had very little else, either. No light bulbs in 3 of the 4 fixtures, no towels, toilet paper, bathroom items, remote control, or pillows on bed! I called the front desk to ask if they were an extra charge. I was instructed to go to the laundry room to get my items. I felt like I was in a prison line, getting the basic necessities, The outer doors to the unit we were in (D Block) didn't work with the card keys.

The room was an absolute disgrace. The carpet was like sandpaper, there was peeling pain hanging down from the ceiling, the air conditioner/heater didn't work, the microwave was so small that I had to remove the turntable and arm to get my cup of coffee in it, and there was no hot water. i called the front desk, and was told to let it run for 10 minutes first. It never got warmer than tepid.

Because of the key incident, I wouldn't advise leaving anything of value in your room if you aren't there. Also, don't kid yourself if you think that free breakfast as an additional amenity is worth attending. I was there at 8 (free breakfast is from 6-9am), and there was nothing except the world's smallest bagels, some sausages that were still there for a reason, and apple juice.

I will say that the bed was comfortable (though I have no idea how sanitary), and as the heater kicked on overnight and the room was about 90 degrees, i think it caused me to pass out and sleep well.

All kidding aside, this hotel is dreadful. I have been all over the world, and rooms in a third-world country aren't like this. it was dirty, in bad need of repair, illogically situated (4 separate buildings forming a square, with no elevators, small stairways (18 steps, so you better be in shape!) and trash everywhere. The front desk staff wasn't friendly. In fact, I think they stopped answering room 275's calls. And the funny thing is I have NEVER left a hotel review before, and I typically don't complain about much. I was just overwhelmed. Thank goodness, the stay was only one night. I would recommend this ONLY as a last resort, and knowing what you're getting into.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, choose another hotel. I'm not joking.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Qualitynj723, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Hotel. We appreciate your opinions. I am taking your review very seriously and investigating the matters you expressed. If you could kindly email me your contact information, I would like to resolve this matter with you directly. Kindly email me at: gm.nj723@choicehotels.com. Thank you.

Reviewed October 26, 2011

There was a chemical scent in the room that made me lightheaded and nauseous. The front desk offered to switch us to another room, but the other room had the same god awful scent of bug spray and/or lysol. They suggested we alternate between open windows and AC. The window screen was broken and the unlit parking lot was right out our window on the 1st floor, so I felt very uncomfortable having an open window. The hallway door would not close and that was supposed to be a security door that opened only with your room key/card. The hallway had nasty stained carpet and lights that flickered. The bed was not at all comfortable. If it was not such a long drive home and if we weren't too tired to drive, we would have left. I don't expect anything fancy from Quality Inns, but I do expect a room that feels safe and doesn't make me sick. DO NOT book here. There are a million other places nearby.

Room Tip: Choose another place to stay. Any other place.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple