“WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE”

Quality Inn Gloucester City
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Gloucester City
Buffalo, New York
“WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE”
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I recently booked a room at this hotel while visiting Philadelphia. It was the absolute worst hotel I have EVER been to. Our room was FILTHY dirty--pillows and sheets were stained, bathroom looked used and dirty, the carpets in the hallways and the room were stained, and the whole hotel atmosphere had a musty, terrible smell. When I was rudely offered another room, it was just as bad. Front desk staff (Sera was the woman's name I dealt with) was beyond rude to say the least. She did not apologize one single time for the any of the problems we were having, and almost refused to offer me a refund for my room that we refused to stay in. Do not EVER stay at this hotel, it is awful and I will never stay at another Quality Inn again.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chula Vista, California
Reviewed October 14, 2011

What's not to like? 15 min from airport, 20 min from historic Philly, pool, plenty of parking, free WIFI, free breakfast, taxis & airport limos available in parking lot 24/7, WAWA(a Philadelphia tradition) within walking distance, 5-10 min to all nite diners & fast-food, Clean & Quiet & Spacious rooms, Great Rates compared to anywhere in Philly, but most of all the hotel staff; an attentive and friendly front desk, truly a first rate operation. I am a seasoned traveler, and I assure you the value of this Quality Inn more than met my standards! Do NOT hesitate to choose this property when traveling thru this region.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Danincalif
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We booked this hotel for one night, via expedia, after searching for something close to PHL.

Room: There was a queen bed with an ok mattress and three small pillows. The bathroom smelled moldy and the tub had permanent stains. The carpet needs to be vacuumed more often - I walked on it barefoot for a short while and the soles of my feet got black. The coffee-maker carafe was dirty.

Breakfast: was ok, but the breakfast room was small and consequently packed.

Not sure if I have the right to complain about this (and will not take this into account in my rating) but we got there at 2:40 and they wouldn't let us check in because apparently all rooms were occupied. I understand check-in time is at 3, so they certainly had a right to refuse, but I thought the reason didn't make much sense (or maybe it did considering the state of the carpet in the room...).

Also, something unrelated to the quality of the hotel but useful to know: there don't seem to be any gas stations between the hotel and PHL, so keep this in mind if you are returning a rental car to the airport. Or if there are gas stations, there are no signs directing you to them...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Qualitynj723, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Gloucester City, responded to this review, September 23, 2011

Regards,
The Quality Inn
NYC
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Booked a queen non smoking room. Check in was ok, a little slow.
Got to our room (exterior corridor) and it was small, and one of the lights didn't work. I thought the a/c didn't work either but my boyfriend insisted maybe it would just take a little while to cool off. We waited. We left for a concert. The location to Camden is fine, an easy 10 minute ride on the highway. Hotel is right off the highway.

When we got back to the room around 12:30am, it was clear the a/c wasn't working. It was in the 90's and humid. I called the front desk and asked to change rooms. I was told he would call me back because he was checking in other guests. No call back after 10+ minutes so I called again. Again, I was told he would call me back. Finally 10+ minutes after that I got a call back and was told someone would be bringing me a new key to a new room. Got the key and went to the new room. The key did not work. Had to walk to the front desk to get the key fixed. Walked to the new room again, the key didn't work AGAIN, one more time, walked to the front desk and was told it was the right key. After it didn't work again we went to the front desk and said someone needed to walk us to the room. A staff member walked us to the room and as it turned out it wasn't the right key for the correct room, luckily he brought another key for another room.
FINALLY we were in the new room in a newer building, put the a/c on and waited, thank god it worked...took a little while for the room to cool off but at least it was working. This was a semi-comfortable king bed, a much nicer bathroom with a/c that worked.
Be aware the room size and condition of these rooms at this hotel varies greatly.
Additional info: Passed the pool like 6 times when trying to change rooms, it looked decent. Coffee served in lobby in morning.

Due to the terrible service in getting another room and a/c not working (unacceptable in summer) I will never stay at this hotel again. For the 5 extra minutes away from Camden, I will be staying in Cherry Hill or Mt Laurel. If you have to stay here, request one of the interior corridor king rooms.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel on TripAdvisor. We take all your comments and opinions into account and look into how we can improve on our accommodations and service. We hope to have the opportunity in the future to have you as our guest. Be safe in your travels, and please contact the Hotel when you are in the area again. We would like to provide you with a special discounted rate as a token of appreciation.

Regards,
The Quality Inn
Stuart, FL
Reviewed July 6, 2011

There were so many kids at the pool it looked and sounded like an out-of-control daycare center. Couple in next room constantly fought and police were called twice, yet hotel mgmt. let them stay and they fought and had visitors all night (possibly locals getting room to party). Do not make the mistake of staying here, it's not worth saving a few bucks.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Litchfield, Connecticut
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We were greeted in the lobby with tacky furniture. Than when we finally got out room key, we went to our room to find that it wreaked of smoke. Couldn't sleep at all. Spiders crawling up the walls and on the bed were a sign to leave, but we didnt. We moved a chair to find a huge spider web with tons of bugs caught in it. I had this weird, unsafe feeling, knowing that my family was staying there. Would never stay again and made me re-look staying at ANY hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Reviewed September 16, 2010

this hotel is good for the price. Free parking, free internet, free breakfast, pool, fridge and microwave in room and a comfortable bed.
Is not the ritz but is good if you espect something like this.

Just a bit far from phila and we have to pay toll everytime we want to go to the city.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Qualitynj723, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Gloucester City, responded to this review, March 11, 2011
Thank you for your response on TripAdvisor.com . We apprecaite all your comments. We would be delighted to have you as our guest again, hope to see you soon!

The Quality Inn of Gloucester City, NJ
aloft Philadelphia Airport
#55 of 85 in Philadelphia
Best Western Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn
Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - Cherry Hill

Been to Quality Inn Gloucester City? Share your experiences!