“Awesome”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glenwood
Apple Valley Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Glenwood B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 20, 2009

My husband and I have gone to the Apple Valley Inn Bed & Breakfast several times and each time it just gets better and better if that is at all possible!!! Lauren and Lee make us feel so welcome. It is like their home is our home too. The breakfast in the morning is just to die for, from blueberry pancakes to awesome omlets. Let's not forget the homemade apple crisp or breads that they make and serve "warm". Lauren and Lee are also full of ideas if you are not sure what to do that day. Everytime we take their suggestions we are always more than pleased. To top off the visit they have a candy shop right on their property of which have the best candied apples we have ever had! It's called the Candy Apple Shoppe. We always visit it and get something for the ride home. All I can say is that you won't be dissapointed if you go there. I can't wait to go again!!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 19, 2009

I stayed here in Aug 09 with my spouse for a "hiking and drive in movie" mini trip(we are from central NJ). We loved our room-i think it was called the "gala" It was recently renovated. Bathroom was great and room comfortable and beautiful. Bed was very comfy. We didn't use it, but they have a DVD collection to borrow from. The inn keepers were great and very accomodating. I asked if they could make coffee, and they delivered it to my room. Breakfast was fantastic and 4 course! Stop by their candy shoppe, yum!
It was rainy our night/day there, but the backyard looked beautiful from our quick walk. We had no issue with hearing other people/house noises as we have had with other B&B's. It was very well insulated.
Stay here, you'll love it! Also if you are in the area, go hiking MT. Tammany.
The only problem we had was their recommendation for dinner-at a local hotel. It was very stingy on the food and very expensive. Not sure if there's really an alternative though.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2009

My partner and I stayed at the Apple Valley Inn this past weekend and absolutely loved it. Our room had its own bathroom and fireplace. The bed and bedding was super comfortable. The breakfast was gourmet. One morning we had fresh fruit, apple crisp, banana pancakes and bacon. The second morning we had fresh fruit, lemon poppy cake, egg Estrada and croissant french toast. Absolutely delicious! In the common area there is a small refrigerator stocked with bottled water and sodas for all guests. There is a large selection of DVDs for you to borrow as each room as a TV and DVD player. The innkeepers, Lauren and Leigh, are amazing. They go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. They are very accommodating and will do whatever needs to be done to make your stay special. The inn was immaculate. If you have a sweet tooth, walk about 5 paces to their candy shop. They specialize in gourmet candy apples. They also have a large selection of homemade chocolates. If I’m ever in the area again I would definitely stay here. I recommend you do the same.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2009

What can I say? The Apple Valley Inn is a treat like no other; and not just because of the many treats in Candy Apple Shop they have on the property.

First, the owners of the Inn, Lauren & Leigh, are just so very kind and should be proud of their wonderful Inn. They really make you feel like you are part of their family and my wife and I could not have asked for better hosts. It is easy to see why every review on this site is exceptional. Everything is exceptional from the rooms to the scrumptious breakfasts made every morning. I especially appreciate them accomodating my wife who has certain dietary needs. They made my wife quite happy which of course, made me equally as happy.

Secondly, my wife and I really enjoyed walking the beautiful grounds which are meticulously landscaped. We particulary enjoyed relaxing on the two seat swing chair that overlooked the running brook in the back of the Inn. You are surrounded by many types of beautiful flowers and all the splendor that nature has to offer.

We loved the area; especially the Appalachian Trail nearby. It was such a pleasure in being able to soak in all the great views during our hike on the trail. We have already booked our return this fall to not only enjoy the Inn again, but to enjoy the great fall foliage that the area is known for.

There are so many great things I can say about the Apple Valley Inn as the list is endless. I do know that it is one the best places my wife and I have stayed at and should be rated as one of the better Inns around; hands down.

And before I wrap up the review, when visiting the Inn, one must stop by the Candy Apple Shop that Lauren & Leigh run. Lets just say I enjoyed all the samples I had the pleasure of trying and I guarentee that you will be hooked :-) I brought home a caramel apple and dark chocolate covered pretzel with caramel, but they didn't make it past the first day we got back. Talk about heavenly!

If you want a vacation of total relaxtion, fantastic hosts and so much more, this is a can't miss.

Leonard & Kebra

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2009

My g/f and I stayed with Laurn and Leigh for two nights this past wekend. We loved the Inn! The rooms are immaculate and kept up very well, the house itself is wonderful, and was redone with great attention to detail and a cozy yet updated style, the breakfasts were excellent, and Lauren & Leigh are warm, friendly, and very accommodating (offering to make golf reservations, for example). We will definitely be back to this lovely B&B.

The ladies were very responsive to my email inquiries and booking was very easy. The inn is easy to find and is very accessible. There is a slight (very slight) drawback with the location, as it is right on a main road, but this absolutely did not detract from our enjoyment or ability to sleep.

The grounds are lovely and immaculate. The Candy Apple Shoppe is incredibly well stocked with goodies, and everything we tasted was very good. There is a stocked fridge (beverages) for guests, which we found hit the spot perfectly. Their Shitzu pups were friendly yet unobtrusive. The best part for us was the incredibly friendly, warm, inviting atmosphere and energy created by Lauren and Leigh. If you're traveling to Vernon Valley/Great Gorge, do yourself a favor and stay with them.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2009

My wife and I were in town this weekend for a class at Bobolink Dairy and stayed for one night at the Apple Valley Inn. Our room - the gala - was nicely decorated and very comfortable. Breakfast was wonderful and the truffles we bought at the candy shop were delicious. Leigh and Lauren were great hosts, they were super helpful without being intrusive - they also have a great dvd collection. We would definitely come back when we're in the area again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2009

My family and I had a fabulous stay. We stayed two nights at the beautiful and friendly Apple Valley Inn. Lauren and Leigh are wonderful hosts. We took over all but one room in the Inn to celebrate my mother's 75th birthday. It was a lovely and relaxing visit.
The grounds are beautiful and the porch was a lovely spot to read and spend time with family. There is a winery, town and section of the Appalachian trail close to the inn. The trail was a pleasant surprise because it is part boardwalk that goes over swamp lands and connects with bridges and woods; all ages were able to enjoy walks, jogs, and nature hikes.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank angel03

Been to Apple Valley Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!