“Hidden Gem!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glenwood
Apple Valley Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Glenwood B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 2, 2009

We had the most remarkable stay at the Apple Valley Bed and Breakfast. It was far beyond our expectations. It's located just two hours from Manhattan and considering the proximity, price and overall experience there, it is a great bargain. The hostesses, Lauren and Leigh, are very kind, accomodating, friendly; they are very knowledgeable of the surrounding area and even provided a nice coupon book for the nearby outlets. Their quaint candy shop is also fantastic (awesome truffles!).

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nycgetaway2008

Reviewed February 24, 2009

I stayed here over Columbus Day Weekend with my boyfriend and I regret not writing this review sooner. Apple Valley B&B was fantastic. Everything about it was great. We would return in a heart beat. The location was not too friendly, but for a romantic getaway it is superb. We had to drive to restaurants etc. but it was still ok. No biggie! You have to drive to restaurants in many places anyway! Even where we live! There was a waterfall across the street and that was pretty and nice to hear from the porch.

We stayed in the MacIntosh room (2nd floor) and it was excellent! It was really big and bright and decorated nicely! The 2nd floor porch entrance was right outside our room! and from our windows in our room we were able to look right out onto the lovely porch! We had a glass of wine out there one night! It was so nice! The porch was nice and has wicker rocking chairs! We did not have a bathroom in our room and honestly I was put off by it when I booked. However, we had a big bathroom in the hall! And really plush oversized robs! The bathroom wasn't far at all and it is only for the MacIntosh Room! You could see the bathroom from the room! A few feet away! No-one was ever in the hall anyway! Everyone else has their own bathroom and actually our bathroom (being outside of our room) was bigger then some of the other bathrooms in the rooms!

The common rooms were soo nice! It was neat, clean and beautiful. The breakfast room and breakfast were delightful!! So light and everything looked new! It wasn't run down and wasn't older looking like some bed and breakfasts usually are. The decor here is much crisper!

The owners were incredibly friendly and the breakfasts were delicious!!!!!!!! The best I have had verses other b&b's!
There were always water and sodas always available and a great list of dvd's you could take out of their collections!!

I would stay again in a minute and I wouldn't change a thing. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions!

1  Thank pisces219
Reviewed February 15, 2009

All the previous reviews of this place being a 5 star place is true. I came here with my girlfriend with the intent of proposing to her and everything worked out perfectly and I couldn't have asked for a better setting on Valentine's Day. The inn is beautifully kept as well as the land on the inn's propoerty.

The innkeepers (Lauren and Leigh) are two of the nicest people I have ever met. They go out of your way to make sure you are comfortable in every way. All the restaurants they recommended to us were fantastic and they also gave us directions and offered to make reservations for us as well. The breakfasts each monrning they cooked were unique and great tasting...definitely how a country breakfast should be. Their Candy Apple Shop that they run next door to the inn is excellent...there candy apples will rival the best out there. When I ran over an opposum in the road I damaged my car and had to bring my car to a mechanic. They recommended an honest mechanic a few minutes away and even scheduled the appointment for me. Also they offered to drive me to and from the place so we didn't have to wait for the car even though I declined knowing that the damage wasn't that bad and it wouldn't take long.

I consider myself a pretty critical person but I cannot find one thing wrong with this place. There is not enough good things I can say about the Apple Valley Inn. Lauren and Leigh being the innkeepers at this wonderfully renovated inn and their candy apple shop are a winning combination.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2009

My husband and I visited the Apple Valley Inn for our one year anniversary. The inn was just beautiful, and our room was spacious and unbelievably comfortable.

All the reviews here on trip advisor are right--Lauren and Leigh are so friendly and welcoming--we felt like we were part of the family.

My husband has a lot of food allergies, and Lauren and Leigh went out of their way to create him a breakfast he could eat--gluten and egg free.

We also enjoyed ourselves at their Candy Apple shop--full of delightful goodies and their delicious homemade carmel apples (I ate an oreo apple, and brought home a caramel peanut and a chocolate turtle!).

Lauren and Leigh printed out directions to any place we wanted to go (a cross-country skiing site and different restaurants), and also suggested some lovely restaurants and shops for us to visit.

We highly reccomend this B&B for any vacation.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2008

The Apple Valley Inn is really a very nice place to stay.
We felt like home and the breakfast is really wonderful.
The owners Lauren and Leigh are so dedicated and made our stay much better than it could be.
We are planning going back as soon as possible.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2008

As B&B's go, I'd like to say that Apple Valley sets the standard, but there's not an easy shot that even the best ones out there can meet this Inn's standards. It's always been above and beyond expectations. The rooms are comfortable and cozy and the breakfasts keep getting better. The grounds are immaculate and the setting from a 500 yard radius is straight out of a Norman Rockwell painting in any season. The Candy Apple Shoppe right on premises is literally the icing on the cake. Lauren and Leigh are more than Innkeepers, they truly treat you like family, and you feel exactly the same way towards them. This place for me is my Walden Pond. From relaxing on the front porch in a rocker, to sitting by the rolling creek on site in a comfortable Adirondack chair or gazebo swing. This Inn is located at the intersection of Peace and Tranquility. It will always be our favorite. Fred and Naomi

Reviewed October 15, 2008

I just came home from a wonderful getaway at the Apple Valley Inn with my Fiance. This was our first time at a Bed & Breakfast. It was more than we could ever imagine.

The Inn Keepers Lauren and Leigh were so sweet and so friendly. The breakfast was delicious. We stayed from Sunday night until Wednesday morning so we had 3 different breakfasts. The homemade cakes were sooooooo good.

The room we stayed in (The Cameo) was so beautiful. I took a sneak peek at the other rooms ( no one was inside and the door was open) :[] Each one prettier than the next.

The outside of the Inn was breathtaking. I love that Babbling Brook Bridge.

The Candy Shoppe has the best Candy Apples. It's very hard to decide which one to choose from. So glad they have a website to order from.

It was sad for us to leave today.

They were so sweet. It was like saying goodbye to family.

We definitely will be back again :):):):)

Debbie

• Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenwood
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen
#1 of 1 in Pine Island
Inn at Stony Creek
Inn at Stony Creek
#2 of 7 in Warwick

Been to Apple Valley Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!