“Dinner”

The Kosher Nosh
Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in Glen Rock
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
Description: The Kosher Nosh in New Jersey is a Bergen County institution. We offer Kosher Catering, Kosher Delicatessen, Appetizing, Family Dinning, and we are doing it the Kosher way since 1976. The Kosher Nosh's Catering is available in your Homes, Hotels, Social Clubs, Yachts, as well as at the many Temples and Synagogue in the area.
Hackensack, New Jersey
“Dinner”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Met friends at Kosher Nosh for dinner. We each had a bowl of the most delicious "pea soup" just like mother made. Two of us each had a pastrami sandwich and the third person had a corned beef sandwich. We had sodas, and the salad bar. Salad bar has two types or pickles, pickled tomatoes, potato salad and cole slaw plus a health salad. We also met friends having dinner. The place is very friendly and the waitresses are great. Would highky recommend this restaurant.

• Visited February 2013

Wyckoff, New Jersey
“Arrive Hungry, leave full”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

In the mood for kosher deli in Bergen County? With a large sit-down dining room and all the usual deli choices, plus an array of hot dishes, this is the place to go. While the sandwiches are priced on the higher side (due to the rising costs of kosher meats) the size of them makes it definitely worth the cost. All your favorite deli meats piled high so you can barely get your hands on a sandwich, half a sandwich along with sides, soup and (excellent) pickles will leave you either full or with a doggie bag. If you want atmosphere, go to NYC, nothing fancy here just top-flight deli in a casual setting.

• Visited November 2012
Weehawken, New Jersey
“The very best of Kosher food, but very expensive”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

If you want Kosher food, this is the place to go. But bring your fat wallet, you'll need it.

Pros:
1. Hands down the best Pastrami I've had. Very good corned beef and other food too.
2. If you dine in, there is a pickles and cole slaw bar
3. When they slice your meats, the slices are thin and not too wide. Then they package it across and then on top. For example, it you get 25 slices it will be 5x5 instead of 25 slices all stacked on top of each other. Just take it home and stick it in some foil and put it in the oven to heat up a little.

Cons:
1. SOOO expensive. The Pastrami is about $30 per pound if you order deli to go. Per pound! You'll spend about $5-$6 for a medium size container of macaroni salad or similar. If you dine in, expect to spend about $15-$18 per person with drink and tip. That seems a bit too much for a deli, even if it is the best deli around.

• Visited March 2012
Slingerlands, New York
“A wonderful example of a dying breed!”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Kosher Nosh-those words don't seem to go together...Kosher and Fress go together! We were looking for good deli while on the way home from NYC, and this just looked too good to pass up. We were not disappointed. This is a kosher (not a kosher style) deli, which is an even rarer find. The place is in two portions.....on the right is the take out side, with all of the goodies in a cooler, the lox is of course hand sliced, the meats look fabulous. The left side is the restaurant, with a great menu....but no dairy (kosher, remember?) I LOVE pickled lox (if you know what it is you can relate) and it is very hard to find. This was a generous appetizer portion with large pieces of fish and lots of creamed onions. For the meal, I had blintzes, obviously homemade, blueberry and strawberry. The soups going by looked great, but many of them had a meat base. Companion had a combination corned beef and pastrami sandwich, which she said was terrific. The menu just goes on and on with chicken or brisket in a pot, gefilte fish, kasha varnishkas, knishes, etc., etc., and a large variety of smoked fish. Dr. Brown's soda of course! We will be back....of course, you pay the check at the counter next to the bins of rugelach.....who could resist a little treat for the road! Go! You'll love it!

• Visited April 2012
New Jersey
“Good Food, Good Pickles.”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I've been coming to The Kosher Nosh since I'm young. If there's anything that I think about when I think Kosher Nosh- it's the smell that hits you when you first walk in: a good one! As well as their pickles. They're just so good. I love the sour one's-- maybe it's the fact that I look like a child looking into a candy shop while looking down at them in their barrels, or the fact that the same people have been working there since I'm a youngster, so they remember me, but I usually can get a free one =) . When we buy a big container of them for BBQ's in the summer- they go quickly... I actually want one right now!

First and foremost, this is the first place I come to, except for my grandmother, when I'm sick with any ailment.. because I swear that their Matzo Ball Soup has healing powers. Their matzo balls are so delicious and fluffy! I always sick-whine that I want two matzo balls with extra noodles.

The sandwiches they give, although slightly pricey, are enormous. I usually get turkey on rye with Russian Dressing (Yum). I can also say that all of their soups are really good. I actually can't even decide which is my favorite.

They have delicious knishes that taste amazing slathered in their thick and spicy mustard.

All of their sides are great too- I especially love the Health Food Salad, Cucumber Salad, pasta salad, orzo and mushrooms, chopped liver and their delicious (mayo based) macaroni salad. They also have the best lox. I know we're having a big family event when there's sliced lox from the Kosher Nosh, and not those pre-packaged ones.

There's an area to sit in, and they have a small food bar of free sides when you dine there.

Over all, it's a good place for some good Jewish comfort food.

• Visited October 2011