“Consistently Excellent!”

The Kosher Nosh
Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Glen Rock
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Description: The Kosher Nosh in New Jersey is a Bergen County institution. We offer Kosher Catering, Kosher Delicatessen, Appetizing, Family Dinning, and we are doing it the Kosher way since 1976. The Kosher Nosh's Catering is available in your Homes, Hotels, Social Clubs, Yachts, as well as at the many Temples and Synagogue in the area.
Reviewed September 16, 2011

This place is a block away from our home, so we visit there veeeeery often. Never had a bad meal! "Pickle bar" is included in your meal and has never ending sour- and half-sour pickles, cole slaw, potato salad and a surprise salad. All soups are huge and delicious; my favorite is pea soup, my hubby's - chicken and matzo ball. Please order 1 sandwich for 2 because they are humongous. If you survive till dessert-chocolate Ruggelach is the best. You may even step into the adjacent deli and pick any boxed candy or cookies to be included in your meal. Enjoy!

Reviewed August 13, 2011

I've been coming to this place for 30 years. I love the tongue sandwiches there. The hot meals always leave me a bit cold. The staff is friendly, and it certainly is an easy place to come to with children. The pickles are excellent. My wife had the pierogies, and the edges were dried out. The applesauce was very good, though. There was also a great pickled cabbage salad. It's a bit expensive, it's not perfect, but it's fun.

www.riderbymyside.com

Reviewed August 7, 2011

We have been going to this Kosher-style deli which is located very near our home, for 30 years. It is not the most friendly place, and at least one waitress has been there for the entire 30 years, but they make a mean brisket sandwich. The prices have risen quite steeply over the years, but the dining room is generally full at lunchtime, so they must be doing something right. Lots of older people here, not that this is anything negative. Quite the opposite, in fact, because only older folks know what a genuine old- fashioned Jewish deli is supposed to be like. The pickle and salad bar (free with a sandwich or meal) is a nice touch, and offering Dr. Brown's cream soda (diet or non-diet) is a real plus to me!

3  Thank LWL3333
Reviewed April 7, 2011

On October 8, 2010, I posted my review with nothing but praise for Kosher Nosh. After a late lunch there today, I take it all back. Halfway through the meal, an older woman (not our waitress) saw the second half of our sandwiches on the plates, and without asking us, she grabbed them both with her bare hands and wrapped them up! About 10 minutes later, she walked past my friend's chair and bumped into it very hard without so much as an apology! The restaurant had many empty tables and it was after normal lunch hours, but it was clear that they wanted us out of there. Contrary to earlier visits, we felt VERY unwelcome at Kosher Nosh. They were unbelievably rude! That was our last time there .. Next time, we'll be dining down the street at Turvino's, where they are far more courteous, and we'll be telling all our friends to do the same.

1  Thank EscapeArtistsOnBikes
Reviewed October 8, 2010

When you enter Kosher Nosh from the strip mall parking lot, you walk into the deli side of the establishment. Its well stocked with refrigerated cases with take-home soups, blintzes and other delights. There's also a huge selection of candy in containers, and pastries to go. The dining area is rather like an open cafeteria where you just pick a seat. The waitress will find you, its very informal. The menu includes full dinners as well as delicious, fresh and well stocked sandwiches .. Their pastrami on rye with mustard is my favorite. Every order includes a trip to the condiment bar which offers 2 types of pickles, cole slaw, potato salad and olives to compliment the meal. Service is always friendly. A comfortable, relaxed atmosphere with good prices. Catering available. They seem to close at 8:00 on week nights, check beforehand. Highly recommend!

2  Thank EscapeArtistsOnBikes