“Came hungry and left hungry”
Review of RoCCA - Glen Rock

RoCCA - Glen Rock
Reserve with OpenTable
RoCCA - Glen Rock is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Glen Rock
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Glen Avenue
Transit: The Bergen and Main Lines, on the New Jersey Transit, are within 2 blocks of the restaurant.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Came here for dinner with an appetite. Made reservations in advance and was sat immediately. Waited 15 minutes for the menus to arrive though. Good selection of appetizers and salads to choose from. The jumbo lump crab cakes were good but the description on the menu ( Weaver Farm’s cucumber & TOG watermelon radish salad, Blue Moon acres opal basil, lemon emulsion) sounds a lot bigger than the portion served.

Pastas can be ordered in half or whole dishes but prices are on the very high side and portions small. $24 a pasta dish, really? The ahi tuna napoleon was very good, interesting presentation, but 4 thin slices of tuna with a pinch of watercress and avocado was not enough to fill me up. I usually end up leaving something on my plate or have enough to share but not tonite. In fact, everyone at my table left hungry.
Ambiance was nice and service was just ok.

1  Thank EscapeChick

Reviewed February 10, 2013

At this unassuming restaurant we had an amazing dinner. So glad we found it by chance and were encouraged by the reviews. Everything was delicious, I couldn't say what I enjoyed best but I can say I was left wanting to try the rest of the dishes on the menu and we'll be back very very soon.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

My daughter and I had dinner there for the first time while visiting family, and we had a great meal! Since it was shortly after Christmas and a little snowfall, we had a beautiful view of the Glen Rock village, all decorated and lit up with Christmas lights. The atmosphere was nice, the service was excellent and the food was great. We had a great vegetarian pasta dish and then a decadent dessert. Yum! This enjoyment didn't come cheaply, however-- our dinner for two, with dessert, tax and tip, came to about $90. It was a great experience, and we would definitely eat there again!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I found out about Rocca in one of the NJ magazines.. wo we tried it in September. Since then, I have ben back three times. Once for my daughter's birthday and another with friends. Once time we booked our next visit and saved 10%. The staff is very friendly. The waitress remembered my teens when we went with friends and she sent us home with cookies for them. The service is very friendly. If you do not bring wine, they can send out for a bottle. The food is wonderful! I had the scallops twice. Both times different and equally wonderful.mMy husband still talks about the lamb. We will return. Rocca is charming, friendly and delicious!!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

This was literally a last-minute decision to go out for a late meal so we didn't know what to expect. The food was really good and the service was at a nice relaxed pace. One of Rocca's best dishes is the scallops and we both had our minds set on it. But when we ordered we were told they were sold out. Our replacement entrees were absolutely wonderful, but the hostess was aware we wanted the scallops. She told us she didn't want to see us disappointed so she gave us dessert on the house. If that's not customer service, what is? This was our first time at Rocca but definitely not our last. Next time we'll call ahead for the scallops!

1  Thank GPBucket