“Great Hot Dogs!”

Add it.
Hot Rods Hot Dogs
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Glen Gardner
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I live in the area and stop whenever I can. THe hot dogs remid me of what I used to get in the carts downtown Manhattan only better.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have had the hot dogs and hamburgers here and they have always been good and cheap. It is also conveniently located right off 31, which is nice when you are traveling.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

This Hot dog stand could have been better. The hot dog was a good one to start with but seemed boiled in water. I had to think or remember to taste it. Although hot dog was good, it lost its flavor when cooking it. Wish they grilled it instead. They had good fries. Workers were partly attentive.

Reviewed December 10, 2011

I first went to Hot Rods about 15 years ago. Till this day when ever I ride by I'm inclined to stop for a chili dog with the works. It's always reliable and awesome. If you have $1.82 and about 4 minuets you can be in chili dog heaven. The chili dog with the works consists of a gently steamed bun, a great dog (I'm not even sure what it's made of since I don't care) an authentic tasting chili with raw onion and pickle slices. It's messy (they give you an ample amount of napkins) and your hands will be purfumed with that lovely chili flavor all day long!
The owner, pretty sure his name is Rod, is always there with his family and friends. The place is clean and spotless. You can choose to eat at the small counter or sit in you car as in tradition for most. I love me some Hot Rods! Happy eating.

Reviewed May 20, 2011

Born and raised in Bunnvale, NJ, just a few miles from what was for many years Henry's Hot Dogs. It was a huge and affordable treat for Mom to take the four of us to Henry's for dogs and fries. For about $3.00 she would get 8 Henry's dogs and a big bag of crisp FF, which we topped with vinegar, and then the frantic eating would begin! Rod bought the place when Henry finally retired. Rod made a lot of great improvements in the building, adding a great racing theme, but most importantly he kept up, and expanded, the great traditions of Henry's Hot Dogs. The prices have gone up slightly in the past 45 years but it's still a bargain! I have literally eaten hot dogs all over the U.S. and the World and Henry's steamed dogs and roll with finely minced onions, a slice of pickle, and yellow mustard is still one of my favorites. Here's a great racing tidbit for you, one of Rod's counter people is Peggy Beavers, the wife of none other than local stock car racing legend Sammy Beavers! Rod and Peggy sling the food and are friendly and customer service oriented! Thanks Rod for all your great work in continuing and improving a great local eatery!

2  Thank Lomerson2