“don't waste your money!”
Review of Bridge Cafe

Bridge Cafe
Ranked #6 of 24 Restaurants in Frenchtown
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Flemington, New Jersey
“don't waste your money!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Never have I had a bad experience with a restaurant but this place take that. Went Bridge cafe for lunch with friends and The employees there saw us waiting to be seated and didn't acknowledge us for a good 10 minutes (when there was plenty empty table and was not busy at all). Finally when we got seated the waiter didn't ask us if we would like anything to drink first and we didn't see him again for another 15 minutes. When I finally spotted him I then called him over and asked if we could order. Also their isn't much to chose from. After anther 20 minutes we got our meal, it was cold and tasted old. I asked for the owner and he was very unapproachable and rude. 45 minutes to just get your meal ridiculous! WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! Don't waste you hard erred money

P.s. I'm a local and I LOVE all the businesses in Frenchtown but not this one

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank candice b

Clifton, NJ
“Disappointed!”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I had a chicken club sandwich for lunch. The chicken is hard, chewy, dry and bland, like it's been cooked twice over the day before. The burgers and the soup were ok. The cake for dessert was dry and tasted old.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank ginniemae2013
Warren, New Jersey
“Sitting by the Bridge”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is a great place for expresso/cappuccino and superb pastry. Terrace to sit and sip while the river flows by

• Visited September 2013
philadelphia, pa
“Fresh in Frenchtown”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

As we sat talking at our outside patio seats, awaiting our meals, the chef was observed picking tomatoes from the vine in a small vegetable garden near our table. The grilled shrimp Greek salad plate was so good and fresh we came back a second time to enjoy it again. Homemade hummus, fresh greens with cucmber, a variety of ilives and feta, drizzled with just the right amount of dressing was very good. the shrimp had a nice glaze both sweet and salty satifying the palate. My wife's veggie burger was home made, rather large and serves on a wheat bun. There was a mushroom polenta special our other guests enjoyed, and while we tried to eat healthy and light, were tempted by the cookies in the bakery case on the way out. Thanks for a great meal!

• Visited August 2013
central jersey
“Yummy Fresh Food”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Have been to the Cafe a few times for take out coffee on weekends, but had my first sit-down dining experience there yesterday -- mid-week lunch. It was during the heavy rain we've been having here the last few days and being that Frenchtown is a river town and prone to flooding, I was even afraid they wouldn't be open. But the rain had tapered off a bit so my friend and I were able to stop in for lunch no problem. It was relatively quiet when we got there, with only a few people at the little round tables in the front of the place, and the hostess greeted us quickly and directed us to a table around back for wait service where there was maybe one other table occupied. The menu is small, but appealing, and my friend and I were very pleased with our selections. He had the chicken club sandwich with fries and I had a veggie burger, also with fries. This may sound boring, but I can't emphasize enough that this was no frozen veggie patty--this was a homemade, moist flavorful, large-portioned, even fluffy burger that made me smile. I don't usually eat a big lunch, so with the roll and fries, I was quickly getting full, but I had to continue eating because it was such a good burger, and I figured, if I took it home in a doggie bag, it probably would not be half as good later in the day or the next day with a reheat. My friend took home half his sandwich because he he wanted to save room for one of his favorite desserts -- coconut cake, which he had heard the owner/chef Lisa makes wonderfully. As a coconut cake snob, he was quite impressed, and very happy he saved room for dessert. The ambience is extremely casual, as is the wait staff, but everyone is very friendly and polite. Lunch was not cheap, but I didn't think it was overly expensive either, considering the size of the portions, the freshness of the ingredients and the skillful execution of the dishes. Will definitely be going back there again, maybe with a bottle of wine, since they don't have a liquor license, not uncommon in a town this small.

• Visited July 2013