“Disappointed with quality & price.”
Review of Cocina del Sol

Cocina del Sol
Ranked #6 of 23 Restaurants in Frenchtown
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2010

If you want an average quality mexican restaurant with a high price tag, then you should eat here. The price is absolutely not worth what we received. They added 18% gratuity for 5 people! If that note is on the menu, then it's not in a place easily seen. The salsa was good, the chip refills will be extra ($) but they won't tell you. The portions were surprisingly small. Being from the western U.S. we were hoping for some authentic Mexican food...what we received was another NJerseyite ripping off their customers. We are disappointed and still looking for good Mexican in the area.

1  Thank TisMountainGrown

Reviewed March 29, 2010

Reliably great food & service. Great pico de gallo and guac, very fresh and authentic. BYOB too, which always helps!

1  Thank Nixjag
Reviewed March 28, 2010

I discovered this restaurant a few years ago and have been back about 10 times with various people. They are all hooked now too. My mom is a great cook and so when I find a good restaurant I continue to go back. My mom is Italian though, so I don't often get good Mexican food. When I am in the mood for a little spice this is were my friends and I head. The decor is equally as impressive and makes for a nice evening out all round.

Reviewed February 13, 2010

Whenever we have the urge for Mexican this is where we go. The food is just super, excellent attentive staff and prices not bad. It's downstairs across the street from the old railroad station and easy to miss but if your in town and hungry it's worth the visit.

1  Thank kman147
Reviewed August 16, 2009

On a getaway weekend for my anniversary we had our romantic dinner at this quaint little place. We loved it so much we had lunch there the next day. Best salsa verde I have ever had.