“One of my favorite places for a great meal in a friendly environment t”
Review of Bamboo House

Bamboo House
Ranked #5 of 24 Restaurants in Frenchtown
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Upper Black Eddy, Pennsylvania
“One of my favorite places for a great meal in a friendly environment t”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We had another great meal here. Try the Mango Shrimp. A little hot with sweet. Nice. Great service. Comfortable, casual, reasonably priced.

This has become one of our favorite places in the area. My wife had a surprise birthday party there for me in June and everyone loved it.

Caro and her staff do a fantastic job. Sushi chefs imported from NYC.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Jim D

Upper Black Eddy, Pennsylvania
“They remember you with good cheer and good food”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

About a year ago, my husband and I were passing a new restaurant on the road between Milford and Frenchtown NJ and noticed the small parking lot was full. It has been full since that time. Why?
The ambience is pleasant, the food and food presentation is excellent and you can bring your own wine.
The Bamboo House serves a variety of Japanese inspired meals from beef to chicken and excellent sea food. All is presented in a manner that wants you to 'look at the presentation' and then relish it.
Whether you've been there only a time or two or several times, the staff remembers you. The service is excellent - you don't wait long to eat!
A favorite of mine is the shrimp or chicken served in a mango shell along with rice.
If you have a particular food allergy (my husband's is sesame seed) the staff remembers and are sure that any dish served to your table is absent the sesame seed or oil that could cause a reaction (in my husband's case).
So, we know why the parking lot is full. This is a welcome addition to dining here along the Delaware River.
Bravo!

• Visited March 2012
New Jersey
“Very Good Sushi in Deleware River Valley Country”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

We have dined at the Bamboo House a number of times. I can satisfy my craving for salt, soy and sushi and at the same time my wife can fill her desire for "chineese food".
The sushi is fresh and the raw fish are tasty and spicy and well prepared. My wife always enjoys her cooked noodle or stir fry meal.
Weekend nights are very busy. It can get quite noisy but the atmosphere is fun. The serve staff are attentive and do things with a smile.
The next time we want Asian cuisine, we know where to go.

Princeton, New Jersey
“They are here to stay!”
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I have visited the Bamboo House three times. Each experience has been a very positive experience. The food is delicious, clean which mirrors the ambiance and staff. Frenchtown was in dire need of a japanese/thai restaurant. We have been blessed with one of the best. They are a welcome joy into our neighborhood.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank sheena42
Lambertville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It is all fish”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Friends recommed this newly converted local food stand that is now a cute little Thai /Japanese resturant to us. It is clean ,small but loud place. Greated by a very nice young lady of Oriental decent who turned us over to our waitress who was not oriental,not that there is anything wrong with that.She was more cheerleader then waitress and as loud. We placed our order and when it arrived ,half of it was not wht we ordered, when we asked for the right thing she told us just go ahead and eat it . It is all fish. I guess fish is fish no matter what plate you asked for, to her. It did arrive correct the second time and she seemed to be none to happy. I guess two trips to the same table was to much for her. Since people put so much time into building a new location you would think they would train there staff, Just because you know how to put a fish sandwich in a bag with fries does not make you an athority on serving people. My first and last visit, food lost it's appeal at this point.

• Visited August 2011