“Great grub, best bartenders”
Review of The National Hotel

The National Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Frenchtown B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This place hast it all: Great food, well priced, wonderful bartenders, fabulous, attentive service and all the local color you could want. Plus, on occasion, it's a good place to get a glimpse of under-the-radar celebrities who have discovered the charm of the Delaware River. Music is always good and if you're up for a real challenge, stop in for a battle of wits on Tuesdays for trivia night with Frenchtown's own Russ Trebek. Always a great time no matter when you stop in - promise!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Liz J
There are newer reviews for The National Hotel

Reviewed July 13, 2012

The National Hotel is an amazing place in the small town of Frenchtown! It has the charm of an old school hotel but the nightlife of a new one. The staff is so welcoming that they make you feel like family. The food is beyond amazing and my friends and I even got to meet the chef Lisa who is a very talented individual. Our server Kim was so sweet and helped us with everything we needed. Very great place to take a vacation with friends and family!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sage H
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Great location and top notch service. Thumbs up to the revitalization of the wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Damian G
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed in the Loft suite, room 207. The private entrance in the back was nice, however the fire department across the street and loud bar-goers made for on/off noise. The bed was one of the most comfortable ones I've ever slept in but the major stains and rolls in the carpeting were kind of a turn-off, especially when expecting a renovated room from the pictures. Also the room had a distinct backward slant to it, but I think some things like that can be expected with a place as old as this. I think for the price ($250 for the single Saturday night stay) I'd look somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kate D
Reviewed January 2, 2012

This is an old building that was carefully renovated 2-3 years ago. Many of the architectural features seem original. The lobby and bar on the ground floor were comfortable and inviting with a fireplace and wooden bar with a great selection of on tap beers. Is was very cool. Definately a place you'd like to hang out for a spell. Our room was huge with two queen beds. Each bed was draped from the ceiling with something like you'd see on a safari. It was very tastefully done and quite cozy. The bathroom was smallish but certainly sufficient for what we needed. I have one complaint and its that same issue i've had with many of these roadside inn's and hotels. The road is loud and if you're a light sleeper like I am you hear it ALL night. Our room was in front right out on the road and the cars are trucks sounded like they were driving thru the lobby. Stay here but try to book a room in the back off the street. Room 206 was all the way in the rear. I checked it out when were were leaving.

For breakfast they served OJ, coffee, tea and some nice rolls from the nearby bakery. Not a great selection but yummy indeed.

Room Tip: Try to book a room in the back off the road. Road noise was quite loud in room 203.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank getsmart
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I took my husband here for his birthday and we had a great time. We took the Loft suite and I told the General Manager Marlon the room look better in person then on the website. What I love about our room we had a separate entrance so it seems more personal. We felt our room a little chilly and Marlon turned up the heat and if we felt that wasn't enough heat (which it was) he gave us a heater. We ate in the dining area and the bar and the food was delicious. If you need a place to stay where the area is quiet this is the place.

I do recommend one of the attractions there - Alba Vineyard. My husband and I had a great time at their wine tasting. We came late for the tour (to see how the grapes are taking off the vines and put into the machines)- the best time to go is Sept or Oct. to see this process. But our tour guide still took us around to see how they are put the wine into barrels and into bottles. I have to warn you after the tasting you will buy more than one bottle of wine. :)

Room Tip: Loft Suite or Queen Suite is the best bc of the separate entrance.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GHeaden
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I've traveled more than most because of my work, and recently I found myself once again in a scenic area of New Jersey: Frenchtown. Work has brought me to the area, and I have been staying for almost a month on and off at The National Hotel. I feel compelled to write about the great service, the terrific staff, and the wonderful accommodations. My rooms have always been clean, the water hot, the bed comfortable, and the owners and staff friendly. The atmosphere and decor are as though you've been invited to stay at somebody's home, except that it has all the comforts of a modern home, with free internet access, modern bathrooms, and a great bed with comfortable pillows and one of the best mattresses I've slept on in my many travels.

The foold is absolutely excellent in their Restaurant, and the clientelle all seem to be pleased to share moments. There hasn't been a night that I've come back to the hotel from a long day of work, that I haven't been made to feel at home, not just by the staff, but by the other clients who are enjoying dinner or a drink at the bar. I highly recommend The National Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frenchtown
Golden Plough Inn at Peddler's Village
Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope
Bridgeton House on the Delaware
Bridgeton House on the Delaware
#1 of 1 in Upper Black Eddy

Been to The National Hotel? Share your experiences!