“A very nice experience, not perfect, but...”
Review of Frenchtown Inn

Frenchtown Inn
Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Frenchtown
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My wife, myself and my sister-in-law dined at this restaurant this past weekend. While my family and I have dined here previously (and were always pleased with the food and service), we decided to take my wife's sister here to help celebrate her birthday. As appetizers, my wife ordered the cream of mushroom soup while her sister and I ordered the small caesar salad. No complaints here! We then moved on to our entrees, with all three of us ordering the filet mignon with garlic mashed potatoes. While we all asked for our beef to be cooked in different ways, we were all really pleased with our dishes. Excellent! We then ordered dessert, which consisted of coffee and cheesecake. Again, no complaints. "If" I had to be critical about anything (and it really was no big deal), I thought the service was a bit slow. I even had to ask for some rolls while in the middle of our salads, which never seemed to have made it to our table though the butter was sitting there. Once they were served, however, they were excellent. Hot out of the oven! Again, not a big deal at all because we all really enjoyed our dining experience.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Wonderful service and great food. They are committed to excellence. These are locals in an established beautiful restaurant .

1  Thank Mary M
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Went there for Thanksgiving dinner. Immediately upon arriving the hostess was insulting! .waitress was rude and mean..nothing friendly about her..uncomfortable atmosphere. Food was superb..that's what saves this restaurant..and being that it was Thanksgiving ..not one waitress said Happy Thanksgiving!..she even questioned us about having a cocktail with our dinner.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

On Thanksgiving Day, we had dinner @ "the Frenchtown Inn". We sat in the main dining room, which was SO cozy & intimate; the perfect ambiance.

The menu offered many appealing items. We started off the meal with mushroom soup & a salad. Followed by Beef Wellington & the traditional turkey dinner. For dessert, I had the pumpkin cheesecake. My hubby had the chocolate souffle. We REALLY enjoyed the food. Everything, from start to finish, was fresh & delish; even the cocktails & coffee.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Holiday dining can be very tricky. However, we were thrilled with our Thanksgiving dinner this year at the Frenchtown Inn. This year was a first for my Husband and me to go out for Thanksgiving Dinner alone. We wanted to dine somewhere that had the feeling of old time thanksgivings. We arrived at the restaurant a half hour early and the hostess assured us it was OK and sat us early which was great. They had an abbreviated Thanksgiving menu but had enough choices for us. My husband was thrilled with his appetizer of various Pates and I had the Smoked Salmon and Trout. My husband had the Half Main Lobster and I had the Black Angus Sirloin. Both were excellent and my only complaint was perhaps a little too much bacon in my potatoes. We shared a Crème Brulee which was delicious but a tad overcooked. The restaurant was over an hour from our home and we thought the drive was worth it. We will recommend this restaurant to family who live in the area and we will definitely go back again.

2  Thank Mary Jane W