“Frenchtown Inn”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Wonderful, historic place to dine. Menu loaded with game meats as well as domestic dishes. Beautiful view of the Delaware River. We had our Wedding reception at this restaurant. A "no-rush" dining experience, but a little pricey. Of all the Hunterdon County/Delaware River restaurants, this is one of my favorites.

1  Thank RAFincher

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Service is what made the biggest impression on my wife & I at the Frenchtown Inn. When I made our reservations I had requested a corner table by a riverside window. We arrived a half hour early, expecting to have to chill in the bar for while. At the door was a friendly hostess who told us our table was already waiting for us, just where I had asked that it be.

Inside and out, the period décor is very calming and intimate. We had two servers (not a server and a runner) who took excellent care of us and spoke to us like friends we had only just met.

The food was very good. Wine & beer lists are not extraordinary, but certainly good enough. And the desert menu is worth saving room for.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

The Inn is such a nice place to dine. Right on the Delaware River with scenic views. Beautiful inside. Table by the fireplace is my favorite. They have the best crab cakes. Generous size and very filling. A wonderful place for lunch or dinner. Very attentive service. Top place to dine.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Delicious dinner! It is a little pricey, but I would rather pay more for a good quality meal. We ate in the bar area so you can order off both the grill menu and also the regular dining room menu. My steak was cooked to perfection along with potatoes and vegetables cooked just right. I didn't leave anything behind. My dining partner had the lobster and she said it was really good. I can't wait to go again when I'm in the area.

2  Thank LItraveler22
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The food was good. The waitress was very friendly and attentive. But we were under the impression that Friday night was a more relaxed type of menu. Their special that night was Salmon which was $29.00. (They seem to forget to tell you the prices of any of the specials.) So I think that $3.00 for each ice tea. and each coffee was too greedy. There was not much to choice from under $18.00. and the portions were not that big. No one need a "doggie bag."