“Negativity all the way around”

Delaware River Tubing
Montclair, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Negativity all the way around”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

So, I can get beyond paying for parking, but the everything else that was experienced will keep me away from the Delaware tubing company although I will tube the Delaware again. First off, the line waiting for the bus to literally take you down the hill was terrible. We stood around for a long time while there were four empty busses. The process to load was chaotic and the staff were rude. One staff even blamed the long wait for the patrons on the patrons for they way we were standing while never offering a suggestion as to how folks should wait. Then, once we finally boarded the bus, all the tubes, kayaks, and canoes went into the school bus, which limits the number of folks who can ride. Although a short jaunt down the hill, the kayaks, tubes, and canoes had shifted and the folks in the back had to hold them in place. Moreover, The driver of the bus was maneuvering through the parking lot when a mother called to her children. He slammed the brakes on and got off the bus to angrily confront the mother about what he thought she said to him. It was awkward and uncomfortable. Once we were in the river, things were calm and cool. . .until the end.

We approached the landing area and we surprised at the steep mud hill at which folks were to climb with their gear. The staff never extended a helping hand to those who clearly were in need to assistance. DRTC could and should make the exit easier and safer for their customers!

The river was beautiful. . . can't say the same about the DRTC!

Visited August 2013
6 Thank RMD723

New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Dangerous bus ride”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I went with my two kids on July 279th, 2013. The rafting part was fine. What is disturbing is the bus ride: you get on a school bus and everyone is holding their tubes, rafts, etc. They literally pack the bus full of tubes, such that you can't move. I checked with the New Jersey DMV today: clear violation (you can't block emergency exits, windows) and a lawsuit waiting to happen. Think about it: if there is a need to quickly exit the bus, the emergency doors and exits are all blocked by tubes and rafts. Delaware River Tubing Co: if you're reading this, you're an accident waiting to happen. Invest in a flat-bed truck (or a trailer) and put the tubes in that. Crazy to do what you're doing...an accident waiting to happen, and you're endangering the lives of your customers.

8 Thank NYCUWS2013
Belmar, New Jersey
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“2nd & last trip”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

this is my second time doing this. first time was enjoyable but this time I will not return. the water was rough, kids flipping out of their tubes and no one to help them get back in. never saw the boat they said would be patrolling the area. waited 45 minutes for food that was nasty. when we got to the end that used to have stairs it was a muddy mess with 2 bratty teenagers laughing about someone that had drowned on the same course we just took. not helping anyone out of the water. we had to pull a girl in that couldn't paddle over to the exit in time. trying to exit was terrible. I watched a lady carrying two tubes wipe out down the hill and take out 2 kids and an adult as she slid down. they need older workers at the exit that are willing to help. it was a waste of money, time and energy. Please take my advice and AVOID DELAWARE RIVER TUBING!!!!!!!! Don't risk your like to float down a river.

8 Thank Amy B
Princeton, New Jersey
“Interesting day”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I saw a bunch of reviewers complaining about this company and I disagree. This is my second trip that I took with them. Today I took myself and 6 kids. Although it is painful to pay for parking- it was readily available and close to the check in. There was no line and we moved quickly through the process and were immediately on a bus. The entire process took 15-20". The hot dog booth was fine but there is no place to sit and the terrain is a but rocky. Food was fine. The exit was pretty rough but this is a rafting trip so I am not sure what people expect. We got out and there was a bus there and we went back immediately- I rate the staff as average but could be more engaging and friendly- - I did think that the bus drivers were very friendly and very helpful they tended to be adults where most of the other employees seemed to be high school students-
Overall we had a good time, saw some wild life including turtles/hawks/beaver/ground hogs that were pretty cute and we got really close for a good look- it was fun considering we went pretty slow and were there from 1pm until closing!!! I would recommend this - also note that they regularly offer deals via groupon/ living social/ spin saver as well as couple on Facebook

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“It was fun”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I was pretty nervous about going after reading the previous reviews. It really wasnt that bad. We went early on a monday morning. Everything went as it should and we had a fun and relaxing day.

2 Thank Mrsbastone