“What really goes on at Delaware River Tubing”
Review of Delaware River Tubing - MOVED

Delaware River Tubing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Delaware River Tubing is the absolutely the best Tubing, Rafting, Kayaking and canoeing on the entire Delaware River! A must see. We are the Original Tubing Business. Delaware River Tubing sets the bench mark, we are the true river professionals. Every try to be us but we have the very best section of river, the most scenic, fun and historic! Just miles from where George Washington crossed. We are the first to have upgrade tubes, we invented the three chamber tube AND we invented "The Stay Together Straps" which are free to everyone to use. We are the only River Tubing, Rafting, kayaking and Rafting business that is all inclusive! Free Parking, free bbq meal midway with the Hot Dog Man! Free stay together strap, free life jacket, Free shuttle to and from the river! Our boat rental is the most fun thing to do in NJ, NY, PA. Outside adventure!
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have recienly visited Delaware River Tubing. I think there is a lot of people that are missing the true adventure of what they offer. They have an issue with the exit ramp, its a very steep slope that you need to climb, however after talking to the owners and some workers, come to find out the reason its like that is because after paying $100,000.00 to get the proper permits and pay the fee's that were included to get permission to put stairs in, they were denied by the Marine Corp will not allow them to put in stairs be they will not be above the flood line.... This is what people are missing I guess. As far as the service that I have received, everyone was nice and very helpful. I like the fact that you get lunch in the middle of the river its different, I know they have limited options when it come to what they can offer but I thought a hot dog, hamburger, or nachos was a good choice! Its kind of like being at a kids foodball game! I would highly recommend someone to try this tubing experience!

1  Thank sunkissedtan
in 8 reviews
"rafts"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have been tubing many times-at this company and PA side. Always had a great time, not so much this time. The kids that worked there are not helpful, and rude. While the river is beautiful, and relaxing the "exit" was far from that. We were on our own- slippery ,deep mud that your feet sunk in like quick sand. Steep muddy hill to climb up, big dangerous boulders sticking up. Trying to get out and up with tubes and kids was tough. Once we were out, it made for a good show-watching the other people struggling, like an episode of Survivor. Two workers there to help? They smoked cigarettes and offered,"its a little slippery"
We had gotten half price through spinsaver, and now we know why!

3  Thank Wendy B
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was the first and last time ever!! Nothing about this company is about the customer or being professional. The website makes it look to be something it isn't even close to. It suggests printing the waiver ahead of time, to save time but it means nothing. The website also suggests wearing closed toed shoes and as this makes sense, its mainly because at the end you have to attempt to climb an extremely slippery muddy slope to try getting back to a dirty bus to get back to your car. Even with closed toed shoes it is a work out all on its own just trying to get out of the river. I fell as did my boyfriend multiple times to get out of the river. Another customer ripped his hand open trying to get up the hill and not one employee cared. No one offered first aid or even some sort of help, luckily I had a bottle of water to at least clean all the mud from his hand.

Well enough about the end, back to the beginning, we waited on line to be checked in with our already printed and signed waivers for over 45 minutes, since it was a free for all. Once we got to the window we paid way more than the website advertised, to later find out a river fee is included, which is wrong because they launch from a state boat ramp. As previously stated they recommend closed toed shoes which they will gladly sell you for an extra $15 dollars. At the window you get wristbands, one for the bus and another for your lunch. The line for life vests was terrible as they had one person handing them out and fitting them for at least 50 people at this point, all the vests were outdated and muddy, which we later found out why. We then got tubes, also a free for all and all covered in mud, again we later realized why.

The ride in the river was fun, but that is what you make it. Lunch was no where close to worth it at all. It was terrible food, no where to sit, and a slippery walk up. The lines here were also a free for all. After this point it was just a ride to the end with this terrible company,which i may add has no indication of where there end point is besides someone screaming to exit the tubes and start towards shore.

Overall this experience was not worth it with this company at all! Save the money or spend it at a more credible company, I suggest using someone from the Pennsylvania side.

4  Thank Kara P
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were return visitors this year, but don't plan to be next year. I can only echo the reviews on here and add that in the changing rooms were dirty pairs of underwear as well as USED sanitary products strewn about the tent. The staff were, without exception rude, and this outfit could be cited for fraud as we did not get what we paid for, nor was any attempt made to remedy the situation. I hope they are closed next year, however we will wave from the across the river with a different establishment.

1  Thank Pamela W
See more reviews
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I wish I checked trip advisor before going with this outfit. A friend told me about it. I just took for granted it would be good. Wrong. They must be raking in the dough while cutting their costs to a bare minimum. The $7 parking spot they put me into had my back tires in a ditch and the grass around the car extremely long and nasty. The lines were ridiculous. My daughter's inner tube had a slow leak in it. The life vests were old and muddy as were the inner tubes. The buses were muddy. And the take out location was treacherously slipperly with mud on a steep hill. No steps, No path. No pavement. Just a dirty, frayed rope that you could grab if it was in reach. They also neglected to give me the instructions of how to locate the lunch and take out location. Thankfully, I noticed someone else with instructions and realized this was something I needed also. My advise, use another company.

3  Thank sunlightHK