“Fun summer fun for the family”

Delaware River Tubing
Reviewed February 26, 2012

What better way to spend a hot summer day than on the river tubing. Fun for the whole family, water is calm and creates a fun a relaxing time out on the water. The wait was a little long for the bus, but not to the point of frustration. My son bought one of those water shooters there and had a blast getting us wet all down the river. We enjoyed the hotdog man stop too, line was not long at all for a Saturday and we enjoyed eating on the river. Plenty of various sized life jackets and we had our pick or tubes with or without bottoms. I recommend the ones with bottoms for the little ones. My son enjoyed the tube and swimming around in the water. Really a great way to beat the heat and we had a groupon so it was really affordable. There are bathrooms before you leave, but watch how much liquid you drink as I did not notice a bathroom at the hotdog man place. Could have been there, but we did not see it.

1  Thank Pietrosmom

Reviewed November 8, 2011

For one great price we got BBQ and tubing on the river. Was not sure when I showed up and it was a big field full of tubes. I was with Suburban Philly Events and Adventures and we had a group rate for tubing. There was over 50 of us and I was not sure how it would work out. However they gave us all wrist band for lunch and tubes and put us on buses. The busses took us to the river , after a quick what to do and directions off we went . We had lunch at a floating hotdog stand .. we sat at tables that were in a foot of water ..we had such a great time we went back and did it again. Planning more trips next year

3  Thank Jonnathan64
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I went with my husband and another couple and spent the afternoon floating down the Delaware. Luckily, the weather was gorgeous and the river moved quickly making the trip very enjoyable. Our equipment (rafts and paddles) were fine and overall i enjoyed the trip enough to want to try it again next year. The main drawback was the area where you rent the tubes/rafts. It was a mess. The changing area is made of plastic tablecloths strung together and the entire facility is just made of dirt. The bathroom was a line of Port-0 Sans The lunch (hot dog or cheeseburger) was cold but the frozen Snickers were awesome.

1  Thank Maddy416
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I read the reviews the night before I was planning on going and I was nervous about what to expect since all the reviews were so negative. I printed and signed the waivers forms beforehand and once we got there there was no lines and no waiting. We handed in our waiver forms and went directly on a bus to the river, no wait. If you expect the tubing to be fast ... it was very slow, it took about 5 hours and we did most of the paddling ourselves. But it was still fun. If you aren't hungry when you get to the hot dog man, skip it ... the line was long and the food wasn't great. The employees were friendly and the bus drivers where patient and outgoing. Don't expect to change when you are finished the changing tents have no privacy. Overrall it was a fun day. Don't let all the negativity keep you away, it will be as fun as you make it.

3  Thank lisa w
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We have been tubing on the Delaware river for years. This year we decided to try Delaware River Tubing Company in FrenchTown. Up until now, we have always used Buck's County River Country. But, on the website, it told of showers, and more comfortable tubes, and lunch was included, so we decided to give them a try this year. BIG MISTAKE!!! We waited in line 1 hour and 40 minutes to pay for the trip. (I had to pay extra for the fancy fube). Then, We waited another 1 1/2 hours to get on a bus to take us to the drop off point. We didn't know it, but the drop off point was across the street, We could have walked it in 5 minutes, Instead, we waited in the hot sun, no cover, and no fans for 1 1/.2 hours to get on a bus to go across the street!!! Then we did get lunch, but we had to wait in line for lunch for 45 minutes to get lunch. Then, at then end of the trip, we had to wait another 45 minutes to get back on the bus, all muddy from walking up this very steep slippery muddy messy hill to get on another bus. The ride back was miserable because everyone's tube was all muddy, and we were all packed into the bus with all the muddy tubes. We went to look for the promised showers as they said on the website. What a joke! It was an outside pole with 4 showerheads and 1 hose running to it. Ice cold water!!! By this time it was raining, and the changing rooms have no floor. Just grass, and mostly mud. We spend more time waiting in lines than we did tubing, and the staff was very unfriendly and nasty to us. I would never go there again!!!!!

6  Thank CAK_624