“Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Freehold
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Staff is very helpful, Rooms are Clean and the price was very reasonable. Breakfast was ready every morning and coffee was always available. Good Parking, close to the room. Location was terrific and close to shopping and grocery store.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Jackson, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was one of the worst hotels I have EVER stayed at. The beds had stains in them, the walls were old and were growing mold, the bathroom was dirty, the shower had water bugs crawling around, and the television was barley working and the picture was in black and white. The staff are extremely mean. I told him hello and that I wanted to book a room. He told me, "It's 224 upstairs. Now shut up and go to your room." And when I left I told him that I had a bad stay and that I will not be coming back. He then flipped a bird at me and that's when I called the manager in my car and told him about what the front desk clerk did. He said to me he will deal with him. I wish this place could be demolished and turned into a Hampton Inn or a Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Do not even say hello to the front desk clerk. Just tell him you need a room for however many nights...
Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Roger L, Manager at Days Inn Freehold, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
I'm very upset over receiving this review. First thing, No one that works here on desk, will act in this manner as described in review, nobody is going to believe this.
And second thing, as I’m a manager, nobody contacted me or approached me about this matter, neither in my office/desk nor in parking lot.
We checked in my records and we didn’t found any guest with that name and not only those we don’t have room no. like #224.
Perhaps guest stayed in different hotel, not us.

Travelers are raving about these Freehold hotels

Asbury Park
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

When I first arrived it looked like a quick motel rather thana hotel. The price I paid was not worth what the room was. Overpriced for "hotel". The establishment was clean but I have paid less for better places. I could hear everything that was going on outside of the room and anytime anyone passed the room I could hear them.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Red Bank, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I am a home care nurse and during the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy I was desperate to find a warm place for an elderly displaced woman. The staff was extremely patient and understanding, prioritizing on a day to day basis to help accomodate her needs. I know others may have been disappointed as there were few warm places with electricity available and I thank them as well for their understanding. The rooms were clean and the staff helpful, flexible and considerate during this very stressful time. My only suggestion is that they be sure to hire a reliable snowplow service as we had 13" of snow to deal with on top of the Sandy devastation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Tacoma, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel was booked for me. Upon arrival noticed the room was very clean. You could find dead grasshopper bodies around the room. There were many times in-which my or my travel mates door card would not work in the door. This was a very consistent issue. The property is not kept up very well, and has collapsing fences around it. There was also this issue of the cable tv box not working all of a sudden also.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Ryan H
MISSISSAUGA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I called this hotel when I was on my way down on Saturday before Hurricane Sandy hit on Monday. I would have done it online, but my phone could not access your web site properly to book it. So I called the Hotel. I asked if they had truck parking and he said that they do. I told him that I need a room for at least three nights and what would the rate be. He told me that the rate was 109.00 for the first two nights then 84 for the last. After I arrived I went on line to check the web site and found out I could have stayed for 84 for each night I stayed there. After Hurricane sandy came threw we had no power, heat , or running water. When I checked in I signed a waver understanding that they did not have a generater which is fine.We proceded to stay in this hotel till friday morning. When I checked out I asked him what kind of discount he could give me on the other days I stayed. He said he could not tell me as he had no power, and I have not got my credit card staement yet to see what was charged. Also on the first three days charged to my card I tried to use my wyndhams card to get points. He said no as he was already giving me a deal and that I could not use the card. For the days we stayed there with out power I used my tractor and a extension cord for power in the room. While we were there another guest seen the powercord from the truck to the room and came down and asked if she could borrow it to make coffee. we said of coarse. These are some minor points for the dificult times the staff and the guests had to go threw. Except for the initial rate and the points card Even when my helper and I checked out of the room on friday morning he said that we could park our truck there and stay in our truck if we wanted. I travel all over North America for my busness and stay lots with your chain group.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Freehold
Radisson Hotel Freehold
Ramada Toms River
Ramada Toms River
#3 of 11 in Toms River
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,140 reviews

Been to Days Inn Freehold? Share your experiences!