“Horrible customer service”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Freehold
Milford, Connecticut
“Horrible customer service”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Horrible hotel and worse customer service. I booked 6 rooms for nurse who were helping out in the hurricane relief and the manager gave all of my rooms away. The general manager does not let you get one word in and is rude. Do not stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Marlboro, New Jersey
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked a room for my grandparents after Hurricane Sandy knocked out our power. They needed a warm place to stay since they are both 90. The Manager was extremely helpful, friendly, and sympathetic to our situation. He was also extremely kind and rearranged some things so that my grandparents were able to have a room on the first floor. Originally, they were given a second floor room, however, without elevators, it would be very difficult for them to get to and from the room. When the Manager saw my grandfather, he gladly helped us out. The room was clean and had a refrigerator so they could keep some much needed food items with them. The dinning room was clean and had a nice selection of food for the free continental breakfast. I was very grateful for the Manager's patience and kindness.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband, children and I ended up at this place because we had to come to town for a funeral. My parents tried to book us a room in a better place, but it was full and they didn't realize what a pit this was.

I think all of the rooms were non-smoking, but there was a faint smell that indicated that the rooms probably had been smoking rooms for years, even if they hadn't been smoked in any time recently. The decor was very outdated, giving a clue as to when the last time updates/renovations were made. The walls had spackle spots all over the place. The toilet lid/part of tank where lid hits was damaged, possibly melted. My husband found a dirty sock (not ours) under the bed. The sheets on the bed were stained.

One of my sons may have been bitten by fleas. (We cannot confirm this, and we don't think it was bedbugs based on a thorough description of bedbug bites from a family member.) I was literally nauseated at the idea of sleeping in that bed, and showering in that shower. My impression is that this is a motel that people go to, to commit suicide and not leave a mess in their homes.

The one upside was that we had been booked for 2 nights there, and were so grossed out after one night, that we found other accommodations for the 2nd night, and our money for the 2nd night was refunded. Some other out-of-town family members had the room next door to us, and they expressed a similar disgust and found alternate accommodations for night 2. When we got home, we washed all of our clothes in the hot cycles, since we were paranoid about parasites.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Amy M

Travelers are raving about these Freehold hotels

Neptune, New Jersey
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I would gladly stay at this motel again anytime I'm in the area.
The service was excellent the rooms are beautiful well-kept and clean. The staff is extremely friendly and courteous. I could not be more pleased with this motel.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Stumonk
new york
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

where do i start?? front desk guy ended up having a shouting match w me because i was trying to make him understand i actually DID hav a reaervation. It was made the nite before with a man named Neesh? I warned him that we would be arriving very late due to our job obligation . Well that didnt mean anything to the man in charge when we got there He told me in his very broken english that the room had been given to someone elae. So yes i lost my mind. finally he offered us a smokers room (no discount ) i had to take it . it was late n we had to get some sleep. the room was so stinky but we dealt with it. Lots of noise outside coming from a few guys who i think were alittle drunk but thats neither here nor there. they werent rude to us just having a good time. The bathroom was terribly run down. and i remember something not working correctly in the room but look it didnt even matter , i was so angry over the front desk ordeal. anyway in a nutshell i do not think this is good motel. the management and the place both need an overhaul. im writing this review in a room at a motel 6 near mystic ct which blows away the days inn in every possible category especially price n service. yet they share the aame 2 star rating. and look , i know what to expect from a 2 star motel... but cmon! ok enough said

• Stayed September 2012
Epping, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Not as bad as other reviews. Stayed third week in August for a night. Didn't find any bugs. Was actually very clean, I was surprised. Cleaner than the 4 star hotel I stay in. The water pressure was good and very clean bathroom. Plus You get tons of TV stations, 1-100 and some HBO.
Downside: Rain blows into the AC and blows out a funny smell. Outside/parkinglot/ backyard looks really creepy and dirty. Which is why I was surprise inside was so clean. But not a bad place.. The pool was really clean. OH yeah the beds were soo much better than Howard Johnsons

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Billy G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freehold
Radisson Hotel Freehold
Radisson Hotel Freehold
#1 of 2 in Freehold
Days Inn East Windsor/Hightstown
Holiday Inn East Windsor - Cranbury Area
Ramada Plaza Conference Center Cranbury South Brunswick
Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore
Courtyard Cranbury South Brunswick

Been to Days Inn Freehold? Share your experiences!