“Great Food in a Friendly Atmosphere”
Review of Shloka

Shloka
Ranked #21 of 197 Restaurants in Freehold
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed February 12, 2019

I go there at least once a month and love the food. We usually go for the buffet because of the variety. Everything is good and they change enough of the dishes from week to week to keep it interesting. Sometimes I go on the weekend because I enjoy having dishes not on the buffet like lamb beriiani. I am always greeted by a friendly face and courteous staff. Just a great little place.

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank pskamin

Reviewed November 21, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed dinner here last night. As always, the food was flavorful with the right amount of spice and heat...heat according to preference and they accommodate.

Always worth coming here for a nice dinner and not breaking the bank

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank beagles1013
Reviewed October 10, 2018

We enjoyed another buffet luncheon at the Shloka. Today's mushroom style soup was the best I have ever had. There are very few Indian restaurants with near this quality in New Jersey. Their chicken Masala, over perfectly cooked Basmati Rice was awesome. For today's buffet, they had a newer preparation of the Nan. It was amazing. We ended our meal with Masala Tea - a perfect finish. This is a great restaurant and the best in Monmouth county.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed August 28, 2018

Decided to try this place because we were entertaining guests from India and had visited an opulent temple just half an hour away. We were not disappointed. The buffet featured plenty of vegetarian dishes for my veg friends and an assortment of meat items for yours truly. The chicken curry was my favorite -- tender pieces of chicken in a sauce mild enough for my Western taste. Also loved the kheer, Indian rice pudding. I was especially impressed by the warmth and hospitality of the owner who took the time to bring a basket of hot, fresh Indian breads to our table. I will definitely be returning to Shloka.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

I ordered the chicken tikka masala, and I was very dissapointed - the sauce was just so watery and not thick and creamy like it is supposed to be. I’ve ordered from shloka before and the chicken masala is usually good, but this time the quality was very poor - diluted watered down runny sauce. I did not enjoy it at all.

Date of visit: June 2018

Been to Shloka? Share your experiences!