“What a great new restaurant!”
Review of Olive Restaurant - CLOSED

Olive Restaurant
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This location used to be Angelo's Italian. Now it's Greek. We went last light and were pleasantly surprised. We ordered a greek salad $12 and shared it. It was delicious and huge. We could not finish it and I eat a lot. I ordered a shrimp dish and my wife had a whole fish grilled(bronzini)
Everything was delicious with lots of good flavors. Next time we may order some kabobs or something else.
We are definitely going back!

There are newer reviews for Olive Restaurant

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I visited Olive Restaurant today for lunch. I had heard good things about the food, and, after sampling quite a few dishes, I must agree. Being bigger on non-meat dishes, I ordered the Spanakopita - It contained fresh spinach, leeks, scallions, dill and feta cheese in phyllo dough. Very nice, and well-sized. It included a mixed salad with tasty tomato wedges and just the right amount of vinaigrette dressing. I was so busy talking with my friend that I had to have half wrapped to enjoy at home. My friend had a chicken gyro plate. I heard no complaints. I think her plate was 'clean' when the waiter took it away. We then shared a very nice wedge of baklava. I took home two plates of appetizers for later -- Called Pikilia, it included: tarama, tzatziki, and melitzano salata, plus tyrokafteri and pita bread. Later came and went. The tarama was a treat; the tzatziki was very thick and creamy; the melizano had a nice texture; and, the tyrokafteri, new to me, was roughly blended feta cheese with roasted jalapeño and red peppers with just the right amount of heat. The tyrokafteri's saltiness was offset by the tzatziki. I may be thirsty later! I highly recommend and welcome this Greek restaurant to the Freehold area.

3  Thank LibnSue