“Terrible food!”

Dining options: Dinner
Browns Mills, New Jersey
“Terrible food!”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I love mexican food and by the reviews on here I really thought we would receive a good meal at El Meson. But, we left very disappointed.

I had the enchilada platter with salsa verde. One chicken, one beef and cheese enchilada with rice and beans on the side. The food was very bland and lacked seasoning. Not tasty at all. My sister ordered a combo platter with a chili relleno and a burrito with brown sauce. She ate a small bit of it and left the rest. My 8 year old nephew ordered tacos (mexican food is his favorite) and didn't eat them as well. The beef in the tacos was very chewy and did not have a pleasant flavor.

We all left the restaurant dumbfounded. It wasn't a cheap meal. And the quality was shocking. We will never go back.

Try Texas Mexican right down the street. Their food is so much better.

• Visited December 2012

Freehold, New York
“Good Mexican Food, if you like Mexican food you will like this place”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Good authentic Mexican food; if you like Mexican food you will like this restaurant very much. You might even see a famous person dining here.

Visited November 2012
Freehold, New Jersey, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mexican food Yum”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This place is a true gem . Every thing i ever ordered was very tasty . The food is very authentic. If you are looking for good Mexican food. This is a must try you wont be disappointed

Visited July 2012
Freehold, New Jersey
“Local Spot”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Fabulous local spot which has been there forever. The food is awesome and authentic Mexican cuisine for an excellent price. They don't have a liquor license though, so don't go and expect to order margaritas!

For more tips, stories and reviews: http://thesearemysheehanigans.com

• Visited November 2011
“Food and service are what keeps me coming back”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

El meson in Freehold has always been my cornerstone restaurant when it comes to Mexican food. It's the place I've always felt most comfortable bringing friends amd family as I know what we will be in for; a tastey filling meal and excellent service. I always get the chimichanga with ranchero sauce, its delicious! Highly recommended for a casual date or night out with friends. There will be a wait on weekends later on in the evening, but its worth it!

P.s.- I forgot to mention the best part its byob :-)

Been to El Meson? Share your experiences!