“Nothing Grand about this buffett”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Freehold Grand Buffet
Ranked #139 of 176 Restaurants in Freehold
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We recently dined at the Freehold Grand Buffett. After passing by numerous times in the past we finally decided to give it a try. The setup was similar to other Chinese buffets. The selection of food was similar as well but not as tasty as some others. Nothing with a 'wow' factor in their offerings. The food was acceptable but nothing to return for. The table staff was friendly. The one real negative was the two ladies at the cash register. They did not acknowledge or speak to me at all when I paid the bill but chatted in Chinese to each other. After paying I said thank you to them and was again ignored. A simple, "Thanks for coming or have a nice day" would have been good. But again, nothing was said by them at all. So, an average meal with a lack of customer service skills on the part of the supervision. As I said, no reason to return here. Too bad.

3  Thank Trailblazer07

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I recommend staying away from the so-called Lobster, which is nothing more than the useless under part of the body, which is mostly shell, where the legs attach to the body. Totally inedible. Quite disappointing, especially because they charge you an additional $3.99, on top of the $15.49 meal charge. To top it off, we told the waitress and she did nothing. We told the manager, and she refused to remove the charge, saying he took it. How am I supposed to know it's no good unless I try it. Totally ridiculous way to handle it. It will be a long time before we return here.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

This has always been a good restaurant. The food is fresh, and recently they have added lobster for only an extra $2.99. This is probably temporary, as long as they are able to get the lobster at a reasonable price.
They and have a sushi bar, with sushi chefs at your service. Also a Mongolian grill, where you can pick your raw foods and have that chef cook it for you.
The price is very reasonable, and there are so many different dishes to choose from, that no matter what your taste is, you will find something you like. This has been a family favorite for years.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Not a bad place, been coming here for years. Great value for unlimited Chinese food and fresh sushi. Not the best sushi or Chinese food I've ever eaten, but you can always count on unlimited crab legs at no extra cost.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is a foul, dirty place. I watched the staff verbably assault a man when he nicely mentioned one dish was not fresh. My wife and I ate little as there is a strange odor here. I strongly recommend STAY AWAY