“Diverse crowd amid a great pub atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Cabin Restaurant

The Cabin Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 174 Restaurants in Freehold
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Freehold, New Jersey
“Diverse crowd amid a great pub atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Cabin always has reliably good food, with some dishes that could compete with much more expensive places. They are friendly and very service oriented. This is a regular stop for us and we have never been disappointed. The pizzas and bugers are good, but so are the complete meals. The prime rib, short ribs and all the meats are really well seasoned and cooked to perfection. The deserts are very tasty. You just can't go wrong here.

• Visited May 2013

Windsor, New Jersey
“If you like a noisey sports bar, this is the place for you!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Put on your jeans and tee shirt, no formality here. A good time is being had by all. Large screen TVs over the bar. Attentive wait staff. My NY strip steak was prepared to perfection though I didn't care for the side of rice. More than adequate grill menu as well as pasta, seafood and pizza. Food is a little pricey. Bands every Friday & Saturday. Dinner specials nightly. Large selection of draft and bottled beer. Free wi-fi. Happy hour MTWTF 3-6pm. All major credit cards. Banquet room and private party room.

• Visited May 2013
Marlboro, New Jersey, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just Not The Same Cabin”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

So I have been eating here for more than 10 years and it was always a staple for family dining. Good consistent food and usually good specials. Our recent visit was very disappointing. Maybe it was a bad night but the salad my wife ordered had to be sent back, the pizza my kids had was nit fully cooked, and my seafood special was just blah. I think they have lost sight of serving good food and concentrate on their bar business.

Visited March 2013
LONG BRANCH
“Good food but overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

While my trips to this restaurant are usually to see the bands, on two occasions I've gotten there early to have dinner. This was one of those occasions. It was jam packed which is typical for a Friday night. Got there around 7:30 and my dining partner was not there yet so they would not give me a blinker for a table. This is their policy. Unless your entire party is there, you are not getting a blinker to wait for a table. Not sure whether that's a good policy or not.

So we get to the table, server was extremely attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. However, paying $22.00 for five scallops with broccoli rabe is a little ridiculous. The scallops were good but that price is crazy. No salad or anything other than the five scallops on the dish and some broccoli rabe which wasn't all that great. When I saw the portion size, I called our server over and ordered a bar pie. The Cabin has some of the best thin crust pizza ever and that is reasonably priced.

I'm giving this restaurant an average rating although I don't think their prices are average but I didn't want to give them a two-circle rating because that would mean poor and they certainly are not poor overall. Their thin crust pizza is excellent and their alcohol beverages were reasonably priced. However, I did overhear someone say that once the band went on, they upped the the prices of the drinks and they were weaker in strength than before the band went on.

One last thing......ladies' room is disgusting. Here they renovated this entire restaurant and did nothing but paint the ladies' room. It smelled nasty, sinks didn't work and soap dispensers were empty.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Lumber in to The Cabin”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife's favorite meal is The Cabin's pomegranate martini. Aside from that she can't find something edible to her liking. I enjoyed the barbecued pork ribs. They were meaty and heavy and more than I could handle. For $18, I ate half at the restaurant and finished the rest at home on another night. The accompanying baked potato was served with butter and sour cream, just the way I like 'em. I tried the lobster and crab meat bisque (included in the price) which was outstanding, mildly spicy, rich and creamy. My son had their $8, 10 ounce hamburger which I've had several times and is always messy to eat but tasty.

If you're in the mood for pizza, this is a good place for brick oven style that is thin and delicious.

There are basically 2 dining rooms; the main room which surrounds the upper bar area decorated with all manor of signs and collectibles on the walls, and the "Yankees" memoribilia room set to the side. Both rooms are noisy and service is OK. Weekends are very busy so go early unless you don't want to hear babies crying. Then go late. The Cabin is close to home so we go occassionally. Not worth a long ride.

• Visited January 2013