“A very expensive afternoon”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of iPlay America

iPlay America
Ranked #4 of 13 things to do in Freehold
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: From the second you walk into iPlay America's one-of-a-kind, 115,000-square-foot space, you enter a world of fun like no other. Here is where it's always FREE to enter! Access affordable play packages and satisfy your need for speed on our go karts, share a funnel cake, and win big in the arcade. You can go back in time playing the Jersey Shore boardwalk games you loved as a kid, then taste the old-fashioned candy stocked in our candy store Broadway Sweets. Challenge your friends in our two-level Cosmic Battle Laser Tag arena, then play in the park to music turned way up with our state-of-the-art sound system. The live music and entertainment doesn't end there. Only iPlay America packs the good times into every inch of the park and every minute of the day. When you want a great burger and beer any night of the week, iPlay America's Game Time Bar and Grill serve that up and more with an American menu sure to please every appetite. You haven't seen anything like this array of flat screens to watch your favorite sports teams compete. No matter who you want to have fun with - or how you want to play iPlay America is the place to Get Inside the Fun!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
New Jersey
113 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“A very expensive afternoon”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I've been to iplay with a 9 year old and all he wands to do is play laser tag which is fine with me but It's so expensive! Once we went late in the afternoon when it doesn't cost so much and he had over an hour wait to play one game. He said it was a waste of money. I've taken my 16 year old nieces for the Friday night teen scene. They were not impressed and spent most of their time in the children's section. I think they have not yet found their niche. There isn't enough to do there for any particular age group. I do't know how they can compete with 6 Flags.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank disappointed96
iPlay_America, Guest Relations Manager at iPlay America, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Hi

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it. We are glad that your son enjoys laser tag and we are sorry that he had to wait a long time on an occasion . Our venue accommodates a variety of ages for all of our rides and attractions. Our teen nights are exclusively for 14-18 year olds only so they are all in the same section throughout the event. We also feature daily deals and promotions for our rides and games during the week and "Full Throttle Fridays," a special discounted deal for unlimited 4 hour laser tag and go-karts that you can check out as well.

Hazlet, New Jersey
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Fun but not worth the expense”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I took my daughters along with some of their friends to iPlay America to celebrate their birthday. I bought the iride plus package for each child which was $29.95 for the weekend rate. It allowed unlimited rides on a variety of attractions for a period of 4 hours.The facility is attractive and has a nice atmosphere. The staff was very pleasant throughout the afternoon. While everyone had a good time, I believe that the day was expensive. There are a limited number of rides for children at each height level. Laser tag was enjoyable, but the girls actually said they preferred the Laser Tag at Funtime America. Funtime America is much more reasonably priced. We did not play any of the arcade games. That would have put the day over the top money-wise.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank lunasatcc
Manalapan, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“iPlay America birthday party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I had my sons 7th birthday party last night at 5:00 pm. I had about 14 seven year old boys at the party. Our party host was Jackie, and she was absolutely wonderful. Very enthusiastic, kept control...when there was enou kids able to get on a ride, she would make sure they were busy playing boardwalk style games. My son and his friends had a fantastic time. My times were somewhat flexible, so iPlay organizers suggested Friday at 5:00pm because it would not be so crowded and they kids would have ample time to get on the rides a couple of times. Laser Tag was also the highlight...I would definitely recommend I play. The best was....my son was absolutely exhausted and barely could keep his eyes open on the car ride home, and went to sleep immediately from sheer exhaustion. Thank you Jackie for giving my son a great birthday:)

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Pniro
iPlay_America, Guest Relations Manager at iPlay America, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Hi!

We are so happy that you and your son had a wonderful birthday party experience here with all of his friends! We truly appreciate your feedback and we are so glad that they had a great time on all the rides and that their favorite was laser tag. Thanks so much for your feedback! :)

Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Mostly arcades”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

This place is relatively costly, but the only thing that is really noticeable is the large number of arcade games. The go-karts are not much fun, the track is small and the speeds are low.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Dmitriy S
iPlay_America, Guest Relations Manager at iPlay America, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Hi!

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it. We are glad that you noticed our large selection of arcade games. Our venue accomodates a variety of ages for all of our rides and attractions. We also feature daily deals and promotions for our rides and games during the week.

Marlboro, New Jersey
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 210 helpful votes
“Nice for a cold or rainy day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Let's start with the good...
Plenty of parking
Easy to get to
VERY clean!!! And we went mid-day on a very cold Saturday.
Lots to do! You could easily spend the day here.
Plenty of restrooms.
Coat check and lockers.

The bad...
Many rides had height restrictions of 42" or taller. My two little ones couldn't go on most. Glad we didn't pay for the unlimited wristbands.
The wristbands only cover the rides so make sure before you buy them that your kids will actually go on them. Mine were only interested in the games.
The claw games are just like the ones on the real boardwalk....practically impossible to win!!!
Dark and very loud. Definitely could use some sunlight in here!

Overall we had a great experience and we will be back! Before you pay for wristbands take a walk around and see what the kids are actually interested in doing.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank Didojen
Hi-

We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit here at iPlay! Thank you so much for your feedback, we appreciate it. We are happy that your children enjoyed the variety of arcade games as well. We also feature daily deals througout the week, where we have promotions on both our rides and arcade games.