“Decades later, still the best subs in NJ, no kidding.”
Review of Sorrento's Subs

Sorrento's Subs
Ranked #17 of 175 Restaurants in Freehold
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I remember coming here as a kid -- Sorrento's subs and Federici's pizza were 5-star dining for a 6-year-old. I stopped in again recently now that I'm back in Freehold, and I kept my expectations low, thinking maybe I was overly impressed as a kid. Nope! They really have the best sandwiches around. Their meatball parm and Italian with everything are still the best subs I've ever eaten. Food is still great, nice homey no-frills seating area is still just as I remember, and they still don't take plastic so bring cash or a debit card.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Whenever my husband and I get up to Freehold, we always have to do a triple play, Federici's pizza, Sorrento's subs and Jersey Freeze soft serve. We usually get the tuna sub, I usually can only eat a half of a half and take the rest home. The staff there is excellen, they work like a well-oiled machine. Would definitely recommend to everyone.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Don't make it here much any longer but a trip down business 33 around lunch time isn't complete without a visit. Great subs and no frills atmosphere. I usually get the Italian which is the best I ever have but the cheese steaks and hot subs are also great. This last visit I got a Half Italian and have cheesesteak since I couldn't decide

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

just moved back to Jersey and this was my first sub since being back. Big and awesome, fresh cut meats and cheese and just the right amount of oil and vinegar. I will be back. Man I'm full.

1  Thank Zigmeister
Reviewed April 24, 2013

#5 is the best Italian around. Even their Tuna is great. Bread they use is crispy outside and soft inside. They put lots of meat on the sub, pile on the lettuce and tomatoes are always red and juicy. Just a great sandwich