“Late night dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South St.
Transit: New Jersey Transit buses service the "Freehold Center" terminal which is located a block away from La Cipollina Ristorante.
Description: Zagat review: Now at the quarter-century mark, this dependable (if hard-to-find) Freehold Italian BYO maintains its old-world ways with a classic menu of quality items served by an excellent tuxedoed team. The elegant decor lends it special-occasion status and bargain prix fixe specials keep costs under control.
Reviewed April 11, 2019

We had just finished a gig in Freehold and needed to find a restaurant that was still open at 9 pm on a Sunday... and we found a gem! Our manager stopped at a nearby Wegmans for beer and wine. We had a bit of a time finding the restaurant, It is situated behind Main Street and off from South street... a little hidden square.. Chris, the manager ushered all 7 of us in and the fun began. We ordered a meat & cheese plate, Wild Alaskan Salmon, Papparadelle Bolgnese and a chef special salad for our vegan band mate... every thing was hot and delicious...and the bread and pesto was to die for. La Cipollina was a bit more upscale than this bunch of musicians are used to... we will bring the wives and girlfriends back for sure..

Date of visit: April 2019
802matth, Manager at La Cipollina, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2019

Dear Deborah,

We greatly appreciate you bringing the group in! See you soon for supper

Reviewed April 6, 2019

Hadn't been here in years but recently visited to celebrate my Dad's 60th during Restaurant Week. The pre-fixe menu they offered had a great selection and everything everyone chose was delicious and expertly prepared. Besides the delicious food, the ambiance, service and ability to BYO make this place perfect for special occasions. Can't wait to go back! Just a heads up, parking can be a bit difficult depending on the day/time but then again that's common in Freehold Borough.

Date of visit: April 2019

Dear Friend,

Our work here is extremely rewarding, and kind words from people like you are always appreciated. I will forward your comments to the dining room and kitchen. See you Soon for dinner

Reviewed February 28, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I dined this past Sunday night with another couple. It was a great experience, quiet, excellent service and excellent dinners. Everything each of us had was cooked to perfection. It’s worth giving La Cipollina a try. Go on a Sunday evening or during the week. Friday’s and Saturday’s can be very busy, live music, which tends to make people talk louder. It’s a BYOB which makes dining there very reasonable! Prices are very fair and they give you a lot of food!

Date of visit: February 2019
802matth, Manager at La Cipollina, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2019

Dear Friend, Thank you very much for the excellent 5 star review. Our work here is extremely rewarding, and kind words from people like you are always appreciated. I will forward your comments to the dining room and kitchen.

Your effort and time for the review was so much appreciated. See you soon for supper, and thanks again.

Reviewed February 28, 2019

I recently hosted my daughter’s bridal shower at La Cipollina. Which turned out to be a great choice! From the planning process to the day of the event, Matt Higgins and his staff were attentive, helpful, accommodating and a delight to work with. They allowed us to decorate at will and position tables so that we could set up a gift table, desert/cake table, mimosa bar, etc. The buffet lunch was perfection, with so much variety, plentiful and absolutely delicious!!! Our guests have been commenting by texts and calls about what a good time they had and what excellent service and food they enjoyed at La Cipollina. I would recommend this restaurant for an intimate dinner and certainly for a large event - you can’t go wrong.

Dear Vera,
Thank you so much for placing the 5 star review. Our work here is extremely rewarding, and kind words from people like you are always appreciated. I will forward your comments to the dining room and kitchen.

Reviewed February 4, 2019 via mobile

Parking is very difficult on a cold Saturday night. I walked in and waited while the Hostess continued speaking to a friend. After a time she directed me to a table near the kitchen while the entire restaurant was empty. I asked to move over one table and she asked “permission “ from a waiter and he nodded OK. Not the most gracious welcome. The food was OK and the waiters hovered past the tables clearing if you put a utensil down. This was a rushed environment.

1  Thank Pioneer823649
802matth, General Manager at La Cipollina, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2019

Dear Friend,

It is with much regret that your evening was not memorable.
It is with even greater regret that we could not fix the problem the day of. I have read your letter in great detail and discussed it with all our people involved, and we are taking the necessary steps to correct those items from re-occurring. I was hoping to speak with you in person, with regards to the evenings events in greater detail. Would you be kind enough to email me at anthonybraica@lacipollina.com

Been to La Cipollina? Share your experiences!