“awesome restaurant”

A Little Bit of Cuba
Ranked #16 of 173 Restaurants in Freehold
Cuisines: Latin, Cuban, Caribbean, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Freehold, NJ
“awesome restaurant”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Out of all the restaurants in freehold Boro This is my absolute favorite!!! Their emanada's are wonderful. When I was down In Uruguay South America I became addicted to their cortado's. This is the only place I've ever had them where they even come close to what I had down there,I find their style of cooking to be a mix of south American foods but I've never had anything on the menu I didn't like.

• Visited June 2012

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Disappointed”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Service was only fair. Waiter got one of our orders wrong. Food was okay but certainly not worth the price. I felt they were a little over priced for what you get.

Visited September 2011
Freehold, New Jersey
“Must disagree with negative reviews”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have to politely disagree with the negative reviews of this restaurant in claiming that the food was "mass produced". Nothing could be further from the truth. My husband and I had dinner here for the third time and we were not disappointed. We went early on Saturday (6:30), did not have a reservation and we were seated immediately (they do not take reservations for groups less than four). Our server, Christian, was charming and delightful - he did not rush us in any way. The food was outstanding - from our tuna and watermelon cerviche, I had a fish special - yummie, and my husband has this huge hunk of pork which he RAVED about. Was the food pricey - maybe a little. But this is Monmouth County and I'm starting to feel that many in this area have this interesting sense of entitlement where they demand the best at the smallest of costs. It doesn't work that way. Quality food costs money. Try the sangria as well!

1 Thank erica s
New Jersey
“Pleasant and delicious experience”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Our group of four experienced a very enjoyable dinner complete with delicious food and friendly, attentive staff from the moment we arrived. It's a BYOB place - we were seated as soon as we arrived and we were told the dinner specials while the waiter opened the wine. We starting with the crispy and tasty chorizo Empanadas and shimp appetizers followed by one of the specials - Fried Snapper and the signature dish - Ropa Vieja ‘old Clothes’ and were not disapponted ----- It was one of the best meals all of us enjoyed.
We'll be back to try others dishes - one of the best meals if you're looking for great Cuban food....
Bon Appetit and drink on.............

Jackson, New Jersey
“A must for dinner!!!”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Well after waiting down the block at El Meson for over an hour and they never put our order in we left and decided to try out this awesome GEM in Freehold Boro.

MMMMMMM DELICIOUS! My husband and I took a trip to Miami a few years back and we loved the cuban food there and I have heard such great things about this restaurant so I said let's try it!

The food is great! The service was awesome. Our food came out really fast and you could tell it was fresh! The bathrooms were clean and nicely decorated. We were very impressed. The bill came out in an old cuban cigar box which i thought was very cool.

We highly recommend the sweet plantains, chicken empanadas, shrimp kabobs.. all are which appeitizers but filled our bellies immensely!

2 Thank KellyT958