“Must disagree with negative reviews”

A Little Bit of Cuba
Reserve with OpenTable
A Little Bit of Cuba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 184 Restaurants in Freehold
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have to politely disagree with the negative reviews of this restaurant in claiming that the food was "mass produced". Nothing could be further from the truth. My husband and I had dinner here for the third time and we were not disappointed. We went early on Saturday (6:30), did not have a reservation and we were seated immediately (they do not take reservations for groups less than four). Our server, Christian, was charming and delightful - he did not rush us in any way. The food was outstanding - from our tuna and watermelon cerviche, I had a fish special - yummie, and my husband has this huge hunk of pork which he RAVED about. Was the food pricey - maybe a little. But this is Monmouth County and I'm starting to feel that many in this area have this interesting sense of entitlement where they demand the best at the smallest of costs. It doesn't work that way. Quality food costs money. Try the sangria as well!

1  Thank erica s

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Our group of four experienced a very enjoyable dinner complete with delicious food and friendly, attentive staff from the moment we arrived. It's a BYOB place - we were seated as soon as we arrived and we were told the dinner specials while the waiter opened the wine. We starting with the crispy and tasty chorizo Empanadas and shimp appetizers followed by one of the specials - Fried Snapper and the signature dish - Ropa Vieja ‘old Clothes’ and were not disapponted ----- It was one of the best meals all of us enjoyed.
We'll be back to try others dishes - one of the best meals if you're looking for great Cuban food....
Bon Appetit and drink on.............

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Well after waiting down the block at El Meson for over an hour and they never put our order in we left and decided to try out this awesome GEM in Freehold Boro.

MMMMMMM DELICIOUS! My husband and I took a trip to Miami a few years back and we loved the cuban food there and I have heard such great things about this restaurant so I said let's try it!

The food is great! The service was awesome. Our food came out really fast and you could tell it was fresh! The bathrooms were clean and nicely decorated. We were very impressed. The bill came out in an old cuban cigar box which i thought was very cool.

We highly recommend the sweet plantains, chicken empanadas, shrimp kabobs.. all are which appeitizers but filled our bellies immensely!

2  Thank KellyT958
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We had been wanting to go here for ages and just never did. So last night when we were looking for a quick bite in the Freehold area we decided to try it. As we entered we were immediately impressed with the decor. It was absolutely charming. The black and white wall paper is beautiful and enhanced by the wrought iron window grates w/ sheer white drapes. The booths are white vinyl and a lime green velour like material. It was a really cute space including the burlap upholstered wall with wood plank accents.As beautiful as it was we were here to eat. The server was very nice but not very attentive. She never introduced herself as our server. She brought us a pitcher of water and walked away. We reviewed the menu. It was nothing ground breaking. All the dishes you would expect to find on a Cuban menu including Ropa Veja, Arroz con Pollo and empanadas.Since we are watching our weight we decided to do one appetizer and one entree and share them. My husband chose the pork ribs but substituted moro rice instead of just plain white. (I can make rice and beans at home why would I want that out? Bring on the Moro) I ordered the shrimp and chorizo kebabs. The entrees came out in minutes. Literally! I don't think it was five. The portions were smaller than we had expected. My kabobs were actually kabob, just one with three shrimp and three small chorizo for $15. Scott's ribs arrived with 6 small ribs and a good portion of the moro rice. He dipped his finger into the sauce and immediately made a face. He said it tasted like pure sugar and he was disappointed until he tasted it with the rib. They tasted like bacon with maple syrup in the best way possible. The ribs were smokey, sweet and flavorful but as I said they were small. This portion seemed more like and appetizer. My kabob was also good. The chorizo was great. They were smokey and not overly greasy. Our meals disappeared as quickly as they appeared. We were offered dessert and coffee but declined and asked for the check. It was presented in a cigar box which I thought was really cute. The bill was $53 for one small entree, one small appetizer and two unsweetened iced teas.
Although our food was good and the place is beautiful I doubt we will be back. It just doesn't seem worth the price. I will continue to love "Mojito's" in Elizabeth. Those are portions and prices I can be comfortable with. $53 is not a lot for dinner but it is when you come home and have a pb&j because your still hungry.

1  Thank slaraway0919
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Let me start off by saying, I watch way too many of the Restaurant Impossible, and Kitchen Nightmare shows, so I am more critical then I used to be. It didn't start off to great, but we were able to get right in on a Saturday around 7pm. We had a choice of two tables, one crunched up against a fake tree or a high top table. We went with the high top. They opened our wine for us right away, which was a plus, but never poured it for us. (Best part it is BYOB). Then they brought us out a craft of water, but never poured that either (Not a big deal). We then looked through the menu, which had a decent amount to choice from. What I didn't like was that I had to ask the waiter if there was any specials, they didn't do so. But I have to admit the food was very good, so all the little stuff before hand didn't seem too important. The price was a little more than I thought it was going to be, but I would definitely go back in the future, but be prepared to be in close quarters, everyone is packed in there..

2  Thank WPanckeri