“Best Falafel Ever!”

Zaytouna Mediterranean Grill
Ranked #28 of 198 Restaurants in Freehold
Reviewed December 5, 2018

If you like falafel, you have to go to Zaytouna! I first had falafel 5 years ago on a trip to Israel and really liked it. Since then, I've tried to find good falafel in the US without much success. Until now. It was scrumptious, very flavorful and plentiful. You can get it in a bowl or in pita bread. You then get to pick spreads to go on it. I had the hummus and baba ghannouj, both of which were very tasty. On top of that, you get to pick 3 toppings. I had cucumber, lettuce and parsley. On top of all that I had another delicious sauce. Suffice it to say that all the flavors blended and made the falafel sandwich one to remember. I happened to stop here on the way home from a shopping trip with a friend. She had been here before and suggested we stop in. She, too, loved her food. The restaurant was extremely clean and the owner was very nice. The restaurant is 45 minutes from my house but I will definitely be returning.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

Family owned and operated. The food is delicious as usual. Place is spotless and the portions are generous. We like the lamb ( because it’s hard to find lamb anywhere else).

Date of visit: August 2018
Meander685735, Owner at Zaytouna Mediterranean Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Dear Marian, thank you so much for taking the time to write a fabulous review about Zaytouna. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to see you back.

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

We love this place great food very tasty and reasonably price. The owners are very nice people too. They are very helpful with any questions too!

Date of visit: September 2018
Meander685735, Owner at Zaytouna Mediterranean Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

Dear Dmacauleydm,Thank you so much for taking the time to write a positive and fabulous review about Zaytouna, we truly appreciate your business and we look forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

I live locally and frequent Zaytouna regularly since I found out they opened. It is my go-to for a quick and healthy lunch or dinner. The salad bowls are my favorite. Love the falafel, tasty grape leaves, best hummus and shawarma is fantastic! Can’t get enough!

Date of visit: September 2018

Dear Jcro878,

Reviewed September 25, 2018

This place is a luch and take out favorite of ours. Great menu and variety with mix and match style ordering. Love the salads. Interior is nicely decorated and always clean. Owner and staff are so helpful in explaining the various dishes, if you're not familiar with Meditarranean food. They care that you have a good experience. Easy to stay on your diet and eat healthy! Take a break from the usual and give this place a try.

Date of visit: August 2018
Meander685735, Owner at Zaytouna Mediterranean Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2018

Dear Realtorgarryb, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a fabulous review about Zaytouna, we truly appreciate customers like you and we look forward to see you back soon.