“Will Grab as Often as Possible”

G.Y.R.O Grab Your Real Opa
Ranked #51 of 198 Restaurants in Freehold
Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

I had read an online review of G.Y. R. O. at the beginning of summer, but it took me until Labor Day to get there. It was So good and the people there are So nice, that we have been back a second time. And will go back as often as possible. Now, I have only had the traditional Gyro, but they also gave me a taste of their chicken; very good. The generous portion of meat is so flavorful without over salting. Feta a bit, but that is feta. I have lived in the area for over 4 years and So happy to have found this little Gem.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 20, 2018

I was delightfully surprised to have such a great meal at a little shop in a strip mall. The staff is friendly and helpful. The food looks and tastes wonderful. I had the roasted chicken thigh with rice and side salad. The chicken was delicious, flavorful and uniquely seasoned. The rice had a surprisingly good lemon flavor, yum! The salad was fresh and the dressing great. The price is right for under $10. The next time, and there will definitely be a next time soon, I will try the gyro meat. I am gluten free and they were very aware of the food preparation and ingredients. They are also vegetarian and vegan friendly. You order your food at the counter get it on a tray and can eat at an inside or outside table or get it to go.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 2, 2018

Stopped in for a late lunch. Staff very friendly and went over the whole menu with me. I opted for Zeus Specialty sandwich in a Pita which is basically a gyro but with Spicy Feta. I had never had spicy feta before and it complimented the cool Tzatziki nicely. The Pita was heated just right and the sandwich was stuffed and I mean stuffed with beef/lamb gyro meat. It had lettuce and red onion as well. In the end I needed a fork.Dining area was clean with ample seating and well lit.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed May 12, 2018

A nice local spot locally in an area of chain restaurants and pizza joints. Food has always been delicious and the employees are super friendly. Gyros are large and you choose what you want included.... let’s face it, you can’t have too much tzatzikii sauce.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

Great lunch or quick dinner place. The food is fresh and delicious. The service is friendly and quick. Very clean and comfortable if you choose to sit and eat with outside seating if the weather is nice. Plenty of food for a reasonable price.

Date of visit: April 2018