“Good sushi, nice selection”
Review of Mahzu

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mahzu
Ranked #86 of 175 Restaurants in Freehold
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Went to lunch on Friday. The buy 2 rolls get the third for free comes with miso soup and salad.

Soup tasty and hot. Salad fresh with typical ginger dressing.

The rolls were presented well and were fresh and tasty without excessive amounts of rice. The fish fresh and a nice size piece in each bite

Worthy of a return visit

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food at Mazu is good but the service is awful. I hate when they bring soup, salad and appetizer all at the same time. It makes me crazy. Everytime I go, I ask them not to do that....and they still do anyway. You could be in and out of here within a half hour....I don't like to rush through a meal. I usually wind up doing take out rather than eating in because I can then just take my time and enjoy my meal at leisure.

Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I dined here with two of our friends. All four of us have spent time in Japan, so we have a fair idea of what authentic Japanese cuisine is. I enjoyed the avocado salad, but have tasted better. I ordered a sushi special called the Casanova roll. It featured eel and was delicious. In general the menu items were interesting and the dishes were nicely prepared. It is worthy of a return visit, but there is better sushi to be found elsewhere in Monmouth County and even in Ocean County. The service staff was friendly and helpful. My wife and one of our friends enjoyed a Bento Box which offered generous portions and nice variety.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Haven't done their sushi, so don't judge this place by me if you're into sushi. However, their hiachi and tempura are very good. We've been here many times and would recommend .. and it's BYOB!!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Just went here for dinner at the Hibachi table. The food was very good.

Been to Mahzu? Share your experiences!