“Great Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

I stayed at the Radisson in Freehold and despite a busy lobby and long lines we were fortunate to get a quick and courteous check-in, directions to local restaurants, and some drink coupons for the bar. I believe the young lady's name was Jenna. I enjoyed my stay and will visit this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jenny F, Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Mitchel B,

Thank you for the great 5-star review of your recent stay at the Radisson Freehold! We are thrilled that our staff was able to make your check-in quick while providing exceptional service. Thank you again, and we look forward to your next stay!

Radisson Freehold

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Turkish first
Boston MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Despite reading a few negative reviews here, we opted to depend on Radisson's reputation and were not disappointed. While not the Taj Mahal, the hotel provided parking close to the entrance, quick, courteous check-in, a decent restaurant recommendation, and a couple of free drink coupons for their bar. The staff was courteous, the room was clean and comfortable, the shower water pressure was decent, the WiFi was free, and the overall experience was just fine. Perhaps the only fault I can think of was that the battery in the wireless remote for the Sleep Number mattress wore out while I was playing with it. Will definitely stay here again next time we're in Freehold.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jenny F, Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear larry5b6,

Wow! Thank you! We are delighted that you enjoyed everything about your recent stay with us at the Radisson Freehold. We greatly appreciate the wonderful comments about your accommodations, the amenities we offer, and our exceptional staff. Thank you again, and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed at the Radisson Hotel Freehold a few weeks ago for business figured I would be ripped off because I walked in without a reservation. They seemed to be extremely busy and everyone was running around trying to help who ever need it. I was lucky enough to have a young lady help me; I believe her name was Rachel. She explained that she was not sure if there was any availability, but she checked and informed me that she could offer me a room. She gave me a truly nice, quiet, clean room at the end of the hall and it simply was fantastic. I compliment the management for their obvious great training program as well as the entire staff of the hotel. I WILL BE BACK…

Happy Traveler

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jerry B
Jenny F, Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Jerry B,

Wow! Thank you! We greatly appreciate all the amazing comments you left about your recent stay with us and our exceptional staff at the Radisson Freehold. We are glad we were able to provide you with great accommodations despite being very busy when you checked-in. Thank you again, and we look forward to your next stay!

Snohomish, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a decent hotel located at the junction of Hwy. 33 and Rte. 537 not far from downtown Freehold, NJ. The hotel is situated very close to the Freehold Raceway Mall but just south of it across Highway 33. Overall, the appearance, both in and out, is not much different from that of several other hotels in the Radisson chain as well as that of many competing hotel chains. Structurally speaking, the hotel consists of a five-story edifice with an adjoining annex building containing a banquet hall and conference rooms. The guest rooms are fairly large and reasonably furnished though the décor is perhaps somewhat bland or unexciting. A desk suitable for business travelers needing to use their computers or take care of paperwork is also provided. Contrastingly, the bathrooms are not very big and the bath towels are relatively small. The services and amenities rendered are typical for this type and level of hotel. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly and helpful, particularly the front-desk representatives. I have stayed at this hotel three times now (2008, 2010 & 2013) - each time for four nights. Compared to my last stay (in 2010) this experience was much better. During that second visit I experienced poor water pressure and could not obtain hot water in the shower on a consistent basis. That room (Rm. 325) was at the far end of the third floor corridor which meant the end of the hot water line. Nor did it have much of a view. Amazingly, upon checking in this time I learned that I was actually slated to be in this same room again which I declined. Instead, I was given a room at the extreme opposite end of the third floor corridor. This new room (Rm. 301) turned out to be a good one and there were almost no problems; the exception being a slow-draining sink and non-functioning TV remote. Both items were promptly rectified by the Maintenance Dept. Moreover, Room 301 overlooked the hotel’s lobby entrance and front parking lot which was an improvement in view over that observed from Room 325, which overlooked the rooftop of the annex building. Occasionally, you could overhear some noise from people hanging out below and talking but, generally, the din was short-lived and only occurred in the early evening (or, perhaps, I should say, it was only noticeable in the early evening when I was in the room). A nice feature of the room is the bed because it is a Sleep Number bed – a feature unique to the Radisson Hotel chain in the United States. The ability to adjust the firmness of the bed according to one’s personal preference enhanced the comfort level of my stay. Two final comments about the room are: (1) the satellite/cable TV system overall was satisfactory but the selection of channels was not the greatest and there was no onscreen channel/program guide; and, (2) the Wi-Fi service and Internet access provided by the hotel in the rooms was fairly stable and reasonably fast. I did not have any meals within the hotel so I cannot comment on that aspect of hotel services though I did have a couple of drinks in the bar. One thing I recommend is to NOT drink your preferred libation using the bar’s “well” liquor because your favorite cocktail will not taste the same or be as good as you expect. The various “well” alcohols are budget brands. Instead, I suggest that you instruct the bartender to use your preferred brand of alcohol which, of course, will cost a bit more – but, then your drink will taste the way it should! One may naturally wonder: what are the real negatives of this hotel? There are none per se. An issue for some people may be the low-level, ambient hum extant in the room at times from the HVAC system within the room which could make sleeping troublesome for light sleepers or people travelling from other time zones. But, of course, this issue is not unique to the Radisson Hotel Freehold and will equally apply to many other hotels. Also, I wish that the outdoor smoking area be located elsewhere than directly outside the lobby entrance. As a non-smoker, I found it both unappealing and uninviting to encounter smokers lighting up and exhaling while entering/exiting the hotel – stated simply, it just isn’t classy and detracts from the aesthetics of the entryway façade. Lastly, there is nothing really picturesque about the surrounding neighborhood which is comprised mainly of retail stores, shopping centers, strip malls, fast food outlets, restaurants and business parks interspersed with residential tracts and some wooded areas. Be advised that in making the preceding comment one should NOT construe the circumjacent environs as ugly or blighted because is it NOT – it just isn’t remarkable. After having said all this, I still recommend this hotel particularly when staying in the immediate Freehold area because the number of lodging options is limited and most will be of lesser grade. I think the Radisson Hotel Freehold proffers better quality and value than some of the other hotels and motels in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank bjaune
Dear bjaune,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay with us at the Radisson Freehold! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. Thank you again, and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Young lady who checked us in acted like we were bothering her by checking us in. Didn't give us breakfast vouchers she was supposed. Just had an attitude for no reason. Not professional. Room seemed clean but smelled like a locker room. Not enough large towels.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Jenny F, Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear LoveTravelNoMoney,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We apologize that one of our front desk representatives did not provide you with the level of service that is expected of all Radisson staff members. Your review will be discussed with the staff to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you again for your review, and we hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

We recently rented the Crystal BallRoom at Radisson Hotel for a wedding and it was truly an amazing experience. Kristin helped us from day one to the wedding day and not just her but all the staffs at catering were amazingly helpful. Ron the caterer manager was really helpful on the big day and was ready to go extra mile for us. I highly recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank guest12122013
Jenny F, Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear guest12122013,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your experience at the Radisson Freehold and Crystal Ballroom! We are so happy we were able to assist you in the planning of your wedding and making sure everything went perfectly the day of. Congratulations and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Jacksonville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

I had a very nice stay and the front desk was always pleasant and you can tell they wanted us to have a nice time. The food in restaurant was also good and for a wedding night it wasn't too loud which is surprising.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jenny F, Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Miami1989,

Thank you for the 5-star review of your stay at the Radisson Freehold! We are glad you enjoyed your accommodations, your dining experience in our on-site restaurant, Winner's Circle, and our exceptional staff. Thank you again, and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon.

Radisson Hotel Freehold
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freehold
Courtyard Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park
Ramada Toms River
Ramada Toms River
#3 of 11 in Toms River
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,140 reviews

Been to Radisson Hotel Freehold? Share your experiences!