“Great Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stay at many hotels in the East and this by far is the best experience I have. They always make you feel welcome and special. The staff in the "Winners Circle" restaurant/Bar goes beyond making this a great stay Sue,Ivy, Maria and Jordan are "Fantastic" in making you feel welcome. I would never consider staying elsewhere with the service they offer. The hotel is also clean and comfortable, and convenient to downtown area.

Kudos to the staff!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ed P
Jenny F, Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Ed P,

Thank you for the 5-star review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Freehold, and found the hotel and Winner's Circle staff to be friendly and welcoming. We hope to see you soon!

Radisson Freehold

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Turkish first
townsend, delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for my cousin's wedding. The rooms were clean, beds were comfortable... everything you would expect from a hotel of this calibur. The best thing I have to review on is the hotel staff. Since arrival, the front desk was more than welcoming. They rearranged our rooms to be as close as possible to my sister. The shuttle drivers were friendly as they took us to the wedding venue. I can't thank the housekeeper Maria enough for being so honest. When we left on Sunday, somehow I forgot my wedding rings on the dresser. We got all the way home before I realized I had left them (over 2 hours away)! My husband called and the front desk told him they had been turned into the lost and found. The front desk receptionist Jennifer did everything necessary to help in the retrieval and keeping them safe. My husband ended up picking them the next day. It is so great to know that this hotel employs friendly, honest people. I don't usually write reviews, but this hotel staff were extraordinary in this situation!

1 Thank kendra w
Dear kendra w,

Wow! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Radisson Freehold! Thank you for all the wonderful comments. The staff was elated by your glowing review about them, and we are thrilled we were able to return your wedding rings to you. We hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I kind of want to give it 3.5 stars but I think it's better than that. The room is HUGE first off which is nice because I'm a tall man. The bathroom is small but the shower with the rainforest head (!) was awesome. Usually I have to stoop in showers, especially in hotels. Not here. 2nd nicest shower next to my friend's loft in NYC. The Sleep Number bed (!) was great and I had fun figuring out what my number is (I think I'm a 95 or so. More stays will help clear this up!). I slept great which I usually do not in hotel beds.

WIFI was pretty good but slow sometimes. It's nice to have it.

The staff were a hundred percent excellent!

Now then... The heat/AC was weird. I couldn't totally cool the room down which was tough especially as the room faced northeast and caught some of the sun's heat. It was also freezing right by the desk and warm out by the door. Never the twain did meet, really.

The fitness room doesn't have a bike. NO BIKE? If someone is nursing any kind of foot injury like me treadmills and arc trainers are a no go. Plus the ceiling was so low in there that anyone over six feet tall can't use those machines. Put in a bike or two. There is plenty of floor space.

The breakfast wasn't so good, a 2.5 star experience in an of itself. Eggs ok, pancakes were sad and the syrup might as well have been glue. The cinnamon french toast was neither. Instead I found leathery sticks of starch inside. For the $189 I was paying per night this could've been much better. Serves me right for eating it when I really shouldn't have been but still.

My room's window didn't open at all. In fact it was glued shut. Kind of scary. I was on the 5th floors but what if I needed to even open it a crack?

The toilet was anemic. I wasn't trying to flush towels down it but I shouldn't have had to ask for a plunger. Which ever solved the problem. Sorry, housekeeping staff!

So will I stay here again? Probably but not before asking for any kind of offer or rate discount. And I might skip the free breakfast and get it somewhere else in town.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I need to visit Freehold in the end of March for an unfortunate circumstance. The front desk staff was exceptionally helpful and was unusually kind/understanding to us during our stay. We had an exceptionally large amount of luggage and there was a spacious room available that they recommended. We needed some packing tape and they lent us theirs so we could better pack our things. We cancelled our third night because we changed our flight, but the flight was cancelled so we came back and happily stayed a third night the whole change was no problem at all/no big deal. The room was very, very clean and I am a clean freak in general and we were very happy. Thank you guys so much for being so helpful and kind. Tell Javier!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cornellspirit
Jenny F, Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Amy H,

Thank you for the amazing 5-star review of the Radisson Freehold! We are glad you enjoyed your stay even though it was under unfortunate circumstances. It is wonderful to hear that we were able to accommodate all your needs, and adjust your reservation according to your schedule. We hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Roseland, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Room size above average. Great shower, best in-room coffee ever!, attentive staff that welcomes all ... travelled with a physically challenged individual and the staff was more than accommodating. Will make this a destination stay in the future.

1 Thank sajdt1
Jenny F, Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Hi sajdt1,

Wow! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us at the Radisson Freehold! Thank you for your amazing 5-star review of our property. We look forward to seeing you and your family soon!

Toms River, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Visited the Radisson for a work seminar in April. First impressions walking in made me want to book a night with my wife. It was upscale, friendly, clean, and welcoming. Inside the seminar room we were presented with comfortable seating and a maintained and welcoming atmosphere. Even during mid week the hotel seemed to have guests coming in and out at all times. It is close to shopping, eateries and major highways. I would never know it was there (right near the Freehold Mall) unless I stopped in for this training.

If I am in the area again, I will definitely be utilizing this welcoming accommodation again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael A
Jenny F, Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Hi Michael A,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Freehold. We are thrilled you enjoyed the amenities for the seminar you attended, and we are happy to hear that you plan to stay with us the next time you are in the area. Thanks again!

Sugar Land
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

The front desk staff are very courteous. The rooms are above average. The bed had very nice linens and lots of pillows. There flat screen TV had plenty of channels. The walk-in shower was nice with an overhead shower nozzle that "rained" on you. The housekeeping staff, or someone else had hit it so it wouldn't aim straight down (probably so they wouldn't get drenched turning it on), but it made it hard to shower. If I had anything with a long stick to it, I would've been able to correct the problem. The hotel restaurant was good, and the staff were extremely friendly. Check out was easy. The only negative things were the shower head being off kilter and the parking lot was too dark at night. I didn't feel safe, especially since I don't know the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LMohrSugarLand
Dear LMohrSugarLand,

Thank you for the great review of the Radisson Freehold! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and the hotel amenities. It is also wonderful to hear that you found our staff to be helpful and courteous. We hope to see you again soon!

Radisson Freehold
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freehold
Courtyard Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park
Ramada Toms River
Ramada Toms River
#3 of 11 in Toms River
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,140 reviews

Been to Radisson Hotel Freehold? Share your experiences!