“Disappointing Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
New Jersey
“Disappointing Stay”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I live locally but stayed at the Radisson for a family member's wedding. Everything was fine upon check-in but once we got to our room I found there were 2 double beds instead of the king bed I had reserved. I called down to the main desk and was assisted by a confused man. He claimed my reservation didn't specify the king bed and needed to speak to his manager. I received a call back about 10 minutes later to tell me the hotel was booked and there was nothing he could do for me. I checked my emailed confirmation and noticed there was no specification for the room type listed, neither king or double beds, a loop hole so they can't have guests complaining since there's nothing in writing. I let it go and didn't make a big deal out of the situation but I was disappointed in being told there was nothing they could do for me. I called down again to clarify what time the shuttles to the wedding were running and once again could not be helped by the front desk since it wasn't actually set up through the hotel. You would think if you had a large number of people staying at your hotel for a wedding you would try to be as helpful and knowledgable as possible but I guess it wasn't in their job description.

The Radisson makes a big deal about having Sleep Number beds and I had been looking forward to trying them out. Maybe it was just the beds in our room but it seemed like there were two settings, way too hard or way too soft. On top of having terrible, flat pillows, I had one of the worst sleeps in my life.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and if I ever need to have an event and put people up this hotel would be the last on my list.

• Stayed April 2013
Jenny F, Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Leccleston02,

We apologize that you experienced some inconveniences during your stay at the Radisson Freehold. You review was discussed with management, and we would like to take this opportunity to address some of your concerns. When you booked your room, you booked it using the advanced purchased reservation. This allows guests to receive a 20% discount, but unfortunately does not guarantee room type and the system automatically defaults to out two double bed rooms. The king bed room inventory is limited here at Radisson Freehold, and at the time of your stay we were sold out and unable to switch your room type.

We would also like to address your comments regarding the shuttle to and from the wedding venue. Unless the bride and groom provide us with that information regarding pick-up and drop-off times, we would not know. In this case, no information was provided.

Again, we apologize you did not completely enjoy your stay with us at the Radisson Freehold. This is not typical of our property, and we hope you consider staying with us again.

Radisson Hotel Freehold

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Turkish first
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at this Radisson 4 months ago around the holidays and it was a wonderful experience. For the money, I think this hotel offers the best value around! I thought perhaps my first experience was a fluke, I mean, how could a hotel be that terrific in that price range?!? Well I am pleased to report that the Radisson Hotel Freehold does not disappoint. It's very popular for wedding receptions and from someone not attending the weddings, I'm amazed at the quality of service they continue to provide -even- with four parties in one evening. I offer my highest of praises in that respect.

For a quick review of what I love about this hotel....the staff is always friendly and helpful, the rooms are immaculate, each bed has FOUR pillows, the a/c-heater is quiet and efficient (and has a sensor so it turns off if no one is in the room), desk, comfortable desk chair, lamp with built-in outlets (great for cell phone or laptop charger), FREE wifi, flat screen tv, in room refrigerator, single cup coffeemaker with amazing coffee (yes, it is that flavorful), 2 FREE bottles of water per day (yes, FREE), iron, iron board, hair dryer, quality shampoo, conditioner, soap. The Sleep Number beds and bedding are some of the most comfortable. Both times I had the most fulfilling nights of sleep...and that's saying a lot!

Once again, I'm going to say I love this hotel and I love the staff!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank NuK1
Dear NeilEG,

Wow! Thank you for this wonderful 5-star review! We are so happy to hear that you loved everything about your stay with us at the Radisson Freehold. It is wonderful that you continuously choose to stay with us when you are in the area and enjoy all of the accommodations we have to offer. This fantastic review will be shared with the entire staff, as I'm sure it will brighten their day.

We hope to see you again soon!
Monroe, New Jersey
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband & I stayed 1 night at the Radisson for a wedding we attended at the Hotel. We had a great nights sleep. The room was really nice and check in & check out service was quick. We enjoyed our stay! Great Hotel for a wedding too!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Jenny F, Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Hi Twoman55,

Thank you for the amazing 5-star review! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the wedding and your accommodations for the night. We hope you choose to stay with us again!

West Deptford, NJ USA
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here April 19-21, 2013 while attending our son's wedding nearby. The hotel is convenient, clean, and the staff is attentive and respond quickly to requests. The restaurant and bar are both good. Can't say enough about the staff...loved those guys - especially Taila and Sarah.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank deemcintyre598
Dear deemcintyre598,

Wow, thank you for the 5-star review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Radisson Freehold. Congratulations to you on your son's wedding! We hope you choose to stay with us again soon.

Manasquan, New Jersey
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My house was destroyed after four feet of water from Sandy. Ended up there for just short of five months while rebuilding. Staff was super nice and helped with every request. I'm disabled and had no where else to go, and they really came through.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank JRF28
Jenny F, Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Hi JRF28,

We are so sorry to hear that you were displaced after Hurricane Sandy hit New Jersey. We know what a devastating and stressful time this must have been, but we are glad we were able to help and made your stay with us feel like home. We are glad to see you are back in your home!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Recently took a trip to Freehold for work and stayed at the Radisson. The accomodations were nice for the level of hotel. They staff were very helpful and gracious. I had a lot to print for a deposition and they were very accommodating. They gave me an upgrade to a suite, unfortunately I checked in at 10 PM and out at 7 am so I didn't get to enjoy it much, but it was a nice gesture. The showers in the suites are fantastic. Big with multiple jets.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank txstovers
Dear txstovers,

Thank you you so much for your amazing review of the Radisson Freehold. We are glad you enjoyed your stay even if it was only for a little while. We hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the area!

Chappaqua, NY
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I'm writing this review at 2am in a room in this hotel. We're pretty low maintenance, but .... The walls are so thin you can literally hear every word spoken in the room next door, which happens to include about eight drunk guys talking at the top of their lungs. Called front desk, no help. Earlier, called front desk because room reeked of cigarette smoke. They offered to send up air fresheners. Really, really bad.

Stayed April 2013
1 Thank metfan8669
Jenny F, Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear metfan8669,

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again, and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Radisson Freehold
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freehold
Holiday Inn East Windsor - Cranbury Area
Ramada Toms River
#3 of 11 in Toms River
Days Inn East Windsor/Hightstown
Hampton Inn Neptune/Wall

Been to Radisson Hotel Freehold? Share your experiences!