“Great wedding reception!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Freehold
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great wedding reception!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

From the minute we arrived until check out it was top notch. A great venue for a wedding reception with a value room rate for the attending guests who stayed over.

• Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Turkish first
Clemmons, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

I stay at the Radisson because of its great staff and service. The location is perfect and the rooms are always clean and kept up beautifully. I highly recommend the Radisson!

• Stayed February 2012
Seaford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

The rooms are always very clean. The entire decor throughout the hotel is elequant and pleasant. The front desk and the entire staff will always try to accomodate any requests you may have, with a cheerful attitude and a friendly smile. On occasion, when I am only passing through, on my way home, I stop by the Winner's Circle to enjoy a Guinness from the tap. I like the decor at the bar, and the staff always welcomes me by my first name with a smile. If you need to stay at a hotel in the area, this is the place to stay. You will not regret it.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Middletown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

I have now stayed at this hotel almost every week for the past eight months. Although the front desk staff knows me by name when I walk in, they still follow the rules and ask for a photo ID when I give them my credit card, I really believe in this as protection not only for them but for me as well.
The hotel is very clean, the rooms are always immaculate and when I stay more than one night, I can leave a note for extra coffee, water, creamers, soap or whatever I need and when I return, it is always there.

I have eaten at the Winner's Circle and must say, the staff, Sue, Ivy, Maria and Jordan are always attentive and cheerful. If you don't see what you want on the menu, which is being revised and expanded with a new one expected in February, as long as the kitchen has the ingredients they will make it for you so don't be afraid to ask. The service in the Winner's Circle is excellent and hen you are down, the staff tries to cheer you up. They are great as is the entire hotel staff.

• Stayed January 2012
Hotels_Unlimited, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Hi Arnie J,

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us here on TripAdvisor. It is great people like you that makes us shine and happy to serve our community. We look forward to meeting with you again, and as always wish you happy travels.

Radisson Hotel of Freehold Staff
Freehold, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

The Radisson Hotel in Freehold, NJ is fantastic. The location is ideal, downtown Freehold is within minutes with the best restaurants in the area, the Freehold Mall is right next door, and Six Flags is a quick car ride away. It is the only hotel in the area with superb staff and clean renovated rooms. As a meeting planner it is the ONLY hotel in the area that I will recommend.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Wall Township, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

I booked my stay at the Raddison hotel 6 months before i was going to stay because i was part of a series of blocked out rooms for a wedding. Upon arriving at the hotel the night of the wedding i was told that the suite i had reserved with a credit card had been given away some time around 9:30 pm. I asked why and the RUDE lady at the front desk said she tried to call me and i didn't answer. I replied with obviously because i was in a wedding duh. I figured they would offer me a regular room instead they told me they were 100% booked and that i would have to stay somewhere else. I flipped out and demanded a manager. A manager never arrived but did release a room to me via the telephone and i paid the FULL rate for the LESSER room. No group discount. I used my Amex as my intentions were to dispute the charge and escalate it in the morning to corporate. Amex tried to reason with the hotel but was to by Raddison corporate that they are individually owned and it was up to the owners to refund me my money or at least the difference which the management refused. I re contacted the hotel hoping to speak with the owner and after 2 calls still have no response. I would highly recommend staying at another facility especially if it is for an event. The staff at this facility does not care if you have a good stay or not. I am a Marriott rewards member and would highly recommend the Marriott or the Sheraton before this place. Hope this helps

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tom1877
Hotels_Unlimited, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Hello Tom,

First of all we apologize for your inconveniences that you had experienced while staying with us here at the Radisson of Freehold, NJ. According to our accounting records, the credit card presented to us to make the initial reservation was declined at the Radisson hotel. Our policy states that when guests make a reservation via credit card, we must wait until 6pm the night of the reservation in the event of a possible room cancellation. When the credit card was declined, our front desk staff then attempted to correct the situation at 6:45PM, but our staff was unable to reach you directly via phone message. Since our front desk did not receive any communication or method of payment for the room, we had rented your room reservation to another guest.

Then, at approximately 1:00 AM our records indicate that you attempted a late check-in at our hotel that was sold out for the night. In our attempts to satisfy your needs, The Radisson had one of our VIP business class members check into one of our sister hotel properties and cleaned an upgraded business class room for your convenience. The Radisson of Freehold management also then offered you 25% off your stay for that night along with additional slippers, robe, breakfast and other amenities.

Despite this attempt to correct the situation, our records indicate that you had contacted your credit card company and attempted to dispute the charge and lost.

Our recommendation to any travelers in the future is to make sure that one checks their banking information to ensure all the proper money-handling situations are covered to prevent a difficult situation in the future. Should one need to change any credit card/ billing information for the hotel reservation, this can be completed up to 6pm of the night of your reservation. Should travelers have any further questions or concerns they can always ask our award-winning staff or contact management directly.

Radisson Hotel of Freehold, NJ
Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2011
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

This is probably the nicest looking Radisson I've ever been in, a remodel a few years back made a big difference. The rooms are very clean, have a safe, mini fridge, coffee maker etc. The cleaning staff left us folded towel animals on the bed with grocho marx faces which is a nice touch.

Although most convience items in NJ cost extra, $8.95 for a continental breakfast seems kinda steep.

I stayed here two nights with no problems until the thrid, when we had neighbors on both sides. It becomes very obvious that the walls are too thin. Our neighbors were having a normal conversation in their room that we could hear. The crying baby in the other room sounded like it was in ours. The ice machine 6 doors down near the elevator was loud enough to wake me up twice... That plus our neighbors and closing doors sounding like they slam resulted in very little sleep. I would recommend requesting an isolated room away from other guests if possible.

• Stayed December 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freehold
Holiday Inn East Windsor - Cranbury Area
#1 of 5 in East Windsor
Courtyard Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Hampton Inn Neptune/Wall

Been to Radisson Hotel Freehold? Share your experiences!