“We had the most PERFECT Bat Mitzvah experience at The Radisson Hotel of Freehold”

Radisson Hotel Freehold
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Freehold
GreenLeadersBronze level
Freehold, New Jersey
Reviewed September 25, 2011

With 160 of our closest friends and family, we just celebrated our daughter's Bat Mitzvah in the most beautiful Crystal Ballroom at The Radisson Hotel of Freehold last weekend. As Danielle is our only child, we were new to this experience, and wanted our celebration to be the happiest day of our daughter's life. We could not have had a more perfect day.

Working with The Radisson Hotel of Freehold, for both accomodations and the party, was an unbelievable experience...a day we will cherish forever. They were a true TEAM of professionals, with doors always open. Everyone cares there, about every detail, and that's what made it work so well.

Valerie Lobato, Catering Sales Director, and her assistants, Tara and Andrea, were with us every step of the way, guiding us as we planned our celebration. Ed Hinte, the General Manager, was an active part of our planning. His attention to detail and the timing of the event helped us to "dot every i and cross every t". Yaron, the Maitre D, also participated in our planning meetings, and assured us that all would be great and not to worry...and he was right. All was perfect! Yaron did not rest for one moment at our affair, attending to every detail. He had the event running so smoothly, timing everything so perfectly...and all of our guests noticed. Thanks to Chef Adam, the presentation of all food displays were all so beautiful and everything tasted so delicious. Everyone filled up at the cocktail hour, but made room to eat the dinner and desserts, raving about everything they ate. The portions were very generous and the choices of foods served were perfect...there was something for everyone.

And, for our out-of-town guests, Joe Tringali, Director of Sales, made sure that all of our guests had a room, even when the hotel was sold out. He prioritized the needs of our guests and accommodated everyone that needed a room.

A week later, we are all still glowing. The phone has not stopped ringing and we have even received many thank you notes....thanking us for including them in such a beautiful day. All agreed that this was the nicest Bat Mitzvah they had ever attended! They can't imagine, with such an elaborate Bat Mitzvah, what we could possibly plan for Danielle's wedding. We wouldn't change a thing. A wedding in the Crystal Ballroom at the Radisson Hotel of Freehold would be perfect! We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Just communicate your needs to the staff. They will accommodate you in every way!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BurgFamily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Turkish first
Maple Shade, New Jersey
Reviewed September 24, 2011

The hotel is very attractive and most of the staff were helpful. The main problem is a problem you find in many places. The seafood wasn't fresh enough. I made the mistake of trying clams and oysters. To perfect this, the hotel should have people involved with addressing freshness and demanding only the best. The shrimps were very fresh. It was a generally mixed bag.

Seafood requires great care from source to consumption. Not that easy to preserve.

In addition, some staff weren't up to task of catering to guests.

Otherwise, the experience was enjoyable and I share the positive views expressed here.

With some tweaking, the hotel could be exemplary. Location and accessibility was wonderful.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Leonard L
JerseyGirl166, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Freehold, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Dear Leonard L,

We at the Radisson Hotel in Freehold thank you for taking time to rate us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate our guests’ feedback and are always striving to maintain our high standards as awarded by the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence in 2011. With this commitment to quality in mind, we would like to inform you that we take the strictest measures to ensure freshness and quality of all of our seafood products. We work closely with Sea-lect Seafood, one of NJ’s largest seafood purveyors for each occasion hosted at our facility. We have never received complaints about the freshness of the seafood in the past, but we take your comments seriously and will thoroughly investigate the matter. Our catering staff is also trained to serve our guests with optimal care. In our commitment to our guests, we offer one wait staff member per every 14 guests as a standard for any event.

As always we wish you happy travels in the future.

The Radisson of Freehold.
Middletown, Delaware
Reviewed September 23, 2011

For two years I stayed at a different hotel but saw the quality was slipping so I tried the Radisson Hotel in Freehold and am sorry I didn't make the change sooner. The rooms are spotless, the staff is friendly and are always cheerful, even when I check out at 5AM. The sleep number bed is absolutely great for a good nights rest after a long day. The lobby, hallways, elevator are always clean and you don't even see fingerprints on the walls or anyplace. There are alot of resturants nearby but if you don't feel like going out the resturant is clean and the food is good and the staff there is also firendily and cheerful. I am truly sorry I didn't make this move sooner.

Room Tip: I always get a king bed even though I am alone becasue I can sit up and watch TV and then simply tur...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I had my wedding at the Radisson this August. Words can not describe how beautiful and amazing it was. The staff was excellent; catering to our every need. The food was unbelievable. I have been getting calls about how great the food was and how elegant the place. I would do it all again and I would not change a thing. Thank you crystal ballroom!

• Stayed August 2011
florida
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Hotel redid rooms, and they are nice. Bathroom is nice. Lobby is ok. restaurant ok. service adequate. On a 1-10, for a local hotel, I would rate it 7

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Virginia
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I stayed for 3 days on a business trip and have to say it was a nice hotel overall. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff very welcoming. There are enough food choices in the area (some within walking distance) to satisfy just about every palate. I had two relatively minor issues both of which were quickly resolved by the staff. For one, on my first night my room was very close to the main entranceway and I could hear the hotel's outdoor music in my room very clearly. Around 10 p.m. I was ready for some sleep and asked that the music be turned down. The staff member apologized and turned it off completely. Nice. The next day I asked to change my room as I anticpated I would have a repeat problem with the music if I kept the same room. I was given another room near the back entrance door. That room became a problem because I found it difficult to sleep as I kept hearing other guests entering and leaving the hotel and the door would slam shut behind them. Not a big surprise considering where the room was located, but nonetheless a problem for light sleepers like me. On the third night, I asked for a room near the center of the hotel and off the ground floor. My request was quickly accomodated and I had no further problems with the hotel. I would consider it again for a short stay in Freehold.

Room Tip: Get a room on the higher floor and away from the nearby highway
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
New Jersey
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Stayed here during Hurricane Irene. The hotel is nice and clean. A nice bar, good breakfast in the morning, and the staff was friendly and helpful. They still were friendly and accomdating even though the Hurricane flooded out the bar. Of course this wasn't the staff fault. They did their best to try to clean up the mess. Overall, would stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freehold
Holiday Inn East Windsor - Cranbury Area
#1 of 5 in East Windsor
Courtyard Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Hampton Inn Neptune/Wall

Been to Radisson Hotel Freehold? Share your experiences!