“Hit and Miss”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had lunch there recently. Although the burrito is always pretty good, as are the hamburgers, skip the crabcake sandwich--it tastes terrible and it's a bit greasy. The service was shotty the last time we were there, and for the size of the bill, it was not that great of a lunch for us. Sweet potato fries are always good, though. Next time, I'll get the burger.

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Standard food for the type of cafe and good atmosphere in the street.
Prices were good and service a bit hectic and lacking. I would try other local places before going back.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Finally got to the Court Jester. We sat outside on a perfect evening. My wife and I really enjoyed everything about this place. (We didn't go inside but I understand it's on the small side). If you don't like noise then the outside seating on Main Street in Freehold probably isn't for you (auto noise, ambulances, motorcycles). Otherwise it's great outside. Our waitress was very attentive and did not rush us at all, nor did any of the other wait staff. There were plenty of tables that had finished their meals and were just relaxing, talking and maybe finishing their drinks, as were we. Now the food. We started with the "Molcajete" guacamole. If you enjoy guacamole at all you MUST try this. It is made at the time of order and comes in a LARGE bowl with a LARGE serving. I make my own guacamole at home and I would have to say there are at least 3 avocados used in this. If less than that then they are using "mutant avocados" (LOL and JK). The serving size is simply humungous. It also came with a large plate of assorted tortilla chips AND a smaller bowl of salsa (which was also very good). My wife ordered a "super burrito" and actually ate most of it. She said it was excellent. I did not taste it since I was trying to eat the guacamole! I had a chicken portabella wrap. This was also very good. I only ate half because I had to keep working on that guacamole. NOTE: the guacamole had small chunks of soft avocado which was enjoyable, compared to many places that completely mash everything making it more of a sauce. This was on the thicker side. It was not spicy but more mild and it did not have any overpowering seasoning or herb flavors in it. It was smooth and simply very good. If you like hot or spicy guac then you may not enjoy this as much as we did). The guac, burrito and wrap came to $32. We had 4 drinks (2 Guinness stout on tap, and 2 large margaritas) - $27. All in all, we are looking forward to going back, this time with some friends.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Have been several times to give it a chance. Food was greasy and not very good. Tried several different things and each time was poor. Gets very crowded so get ready to wait if you want to dine here. Sorry not on my good list Has good outside dining in the summer. Enough said!!

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

After hearing many positive reviews we gave this place a try for lunch. The food was average at best and the beer tasted like they haven't cleaned the lines in a while. Gross!

Been to Court Jester? Share your experiences!