DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Fort Lee
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

My Company usually sets me up here when the weather is bad outside since it's close to the office . I really love staying here! The front desk staff is so nice and the hotel itself is great . VIP floor rooms are the best ! Beds are really big and comfy !! Room service food also good! I cud stay here all winter long !

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
German L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments on trip advisor, we look forward to seeing you on your next return to see us if your return on business or leisure

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was really very impressed by this hotel. I stayed here for 6 days in total (2 days on my own booking then 4 days for work). Although the room had an "old" feeling about it in terms of decor/furnishings, it was a great size, perfectly comfortable and i was happy to spend a week in it. The executive lounge was very nice and the staff up there delightful and helpful. Front desk staff were also great, having arranged a fridge in the room for me, and helping me with various information and requests. The shuttle service into the city was efficient and again the drivers were delightful. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing Doubletree Hilton George Washington Bridge.

Thank you for taking the time to posting your review on Tripadvisor. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us.
We hope you choose us again on your return visits to our area.
Safe Travels

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed a Friday and Saturday night in early October and were very happy with our stay. The room was clean, quiet with plenty of room. There was a microwave, refrigerator and coffee pot in the room. 2 complimentary bottles of water and free internet although the complimentary water may be for Hilton Honor members. The front desk personnel were pleasant and competent. The warm cookie provided at check in was very good, but only one cookie for the 2 of us. There are 2 restaurants, 1 of which had a bar. Did not try either, but they looked like a pleasant place to eat. Room service is also available. The availability of food at the hotel is important as there is no place within walking distance of the hotel to eat, and without knowing the area, it could be difficult to find someplace to eat. The hotel has a pool which looked decent size for a hotel pool. The location is very convenient to the GW bridge and has plenty of free parking. The hotel provides a shuttle to Manhattan for $10 per person each way; it runs several times a day. There are a few other hotels in the vicinity, but all of them looked a lot less comfortable than the Doubletree. The only complaint I had was the water pressure in the bathroom sink was pretty pathetic, although the water pressure in the shower was fine.

There was nothing about the Hotel that “wowed” us, but we had 2 good night’s sleep and were very comfortable, the room was what we reserved and everything worked. I thought it was a good value and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for visiting the Doubletree Hilton George Washington Bridge.
We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you on your next return to the area

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed one night in September not knowing what to expect. Was very happy with hotel. Clean, staff was great, close to highway but not noisy. Took cab to NYC so did not use hotel shuttle. Would definitely recommend and would stay again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
German L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments about your experience with us. It is always great to know that our guests enjoy our hotel and our facilities. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our area. Safe Travels!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Rooms were not quiet as the air conditioner woke us up as well as the other guests. There is a cost to the shuttle bus which was not disclosed and per the driver, we had to be back at the GW for pick up by 10 pm each night.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Please accept our sincere apologies for not providing the level of service you expected, we will use your comments and opinions to make the necessary improvements in the areas that were mentioned. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our area..

Reviewed September 30, 2013

spent a night here after a Friday night Yankee game and before a Saturday afternoon game. Pulled in about 1230 AM after the game. Wound up being "upgraded" to the Executive Floor which is on the 12th floor. Check in was good, our room was good, easy access to the GWB for heading back in to NYC the next morning. One big problem gives it this lower rating...a fire alarm at 430 AM. So down 12 flights of stairs we go. Fire or no fire, it happens and I understand that. But once down in the parking lot, there was no direction, no urgency, people (other guests) going in and out of the lobby. It was 10 or 15 minutes before a cop showed up and another 5 or so before the fire truck showed up. Still no urgency, no direction from the cop, the fire department or the staff. Finally we noticed a number of guests headed back in and lining up for the elevators. Took that as a sign that all was clear. Got in an elevator to head to the 12th floor and before we ever got there, the fire alarm goes off again. Got off at the 12th floor and headed back down the stairs. About halfway down, the alarm stopped and we met some other guests coming up the stairs. They had been told by the cop that it was all clear. As we stood there, the fire alarm starts sounding again. Very confused at this point. Then it stops. We decided to walk back up to our room and await further instruction...of course, none ever came. Finally all the alarms stopped and we went back to sleep. The next morning at check out, there was no mention of what had happened, no apology, no nothing. I am hestitant to return to this hotel based on this experience.

I did receive an email from the automated "please rate your experience". It was a second notification, never received a first, and when I clicked on the link to provide my feedback, the link had expired even though I was within the 3 day window they give you to complete the rating. Fortunately, there was an email link if you still wanted to comment, which I did. Related this story and a day or two later had a response that the information had been forwarded to the hotel manager for resolution. I've been waiting about 3 weeks to get word from that manager. Obviously they don't really care about their guests.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SirVayR

I was very disheartening to read your comments. Although we have received many positive comments from other Guests who stayed with us that weekend, it definitely sounds like we failed to live up to our typical standards in regards to your experience. Please feel free to contact me directly at (201) 461-9000 Ext. 7203 accept my sincere apologies. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

There is nothing wrong with this hotel; is your average Doubletree (DT), ok rooms, very clean, friendly staff, good breakfast in the executive lounge. However, if you are thinking of staying here instead of Manhattan, think again. I needed to be in N.Y. in September during the UN session and the N.Y. hotels already outrageous rates, were off the charts during this time: the DT on Lexington Ave was asking $725/night for a queen room, while Hilton Midtown $660. This hotel was only $200/per night and just across the G.W. bridge, a short taxi ride to NY, I thought. Wrong! From LGA to the hotel I was charged a flat rate of $120 + tolls and fees, a total of $137. At the DT reception desk I was told that this is normal rate if you are coming from NY side of the river. There is no public transportation near the hotel, no places to eat beside the two average food and overpriced restaurants inside DT: a Japanese and a Italian restaurant. I ate in both places and although the food was ok, I wasn't impressed with either one (and I am easily impressed). To go over the G.W bridge you need to call for a taxi. The first time a very helpful young gentlemen at reception called a taxi for me. The wait time was about 20 min and the ride across the bridge to the 165th street took about 35 minutes and $27; not too bad I thought. The next day I asked someone else to call a taxi for me and 30 min later a Mercedes S class showed up asking me for $50 for the same trip. I was already late for my appointment and reluctantly agreed. Coming back the the hotel is not that easy either; I payed anywhere between $40 and $60 for a 1.5 miles trip across the bridge. As you can tell, my only issue is with the location. If you do not need to be in Manhattan or N.Y. and have your own car (the hotel parking is free), you might be fine, although the bridge tolls will cost you about $15 an parking in Manhattan is "Forget about it!!!" The hotel offers free Internet and every 2 hours a shuttle to Midtown for $20 RT or $10 one way, which is a great deal if that is where you want to go.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Laurel99

We truly appreciate you taking the time in providing us with your thoughtful feedback of your stay at Doubletree by Hilton George Washington Bridge.Your comments are very much appreciated. We take note of your observations to be able to improve and provide better service to all of our guests.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lee
Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
#1 of 2 in Ridgefield Park

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge

Address: 2117 Route 4 East, Fort Lee, NJ 07024-3209
Location: United States > New Jersey > Fort Lee
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Fort Lee
Price Range: $136 - $205 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge 3.5*
The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge is just minutes from the George Washington Bridge, Midtown Manhattan, and MetLife Stadium in Fort Lee, New Jersey. Visit our hotel and enjoy a meal at Café Milano or Sugi, complimentary Wi-Fi, & shuttle service to/from Manhattan. Whatever the reason for your visit, relax and keep in shape at our fitness center, heated indoor pool, and whirlpool. Explore many Fort Lee area attractions just steps from our centrally located hotel. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree By Hilton Fort Lee Hotel Fort Lee