DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
$98
Skyview Motel(Fort Lee)
$100
$72
Edge Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$159
  • Restaurant
$134
$112
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hotel Cliff(New York City)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,044 results
All reviewsdouble treenew yorkshuttle servicesushi restaurantinto nycwarm cookiesexecutive flooracross the bridgehot tubconvenient locationnice stayvery nice hoteleasy accessupon checkfitness centerindoor poolshuttle bus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I recently stayed here on business with a client. The place is large with a few dining options and a bar.

I had a 2 bathroom suite, but the rooms are a little dated. Everything was in fine shape, just not updated. The main bathroom was nicer and the bedroom had a flatscreen but aside from that it was older.

I didn't take it, but there is a bus service that takes people into NYC.

What there isn't is a service to Newark airport. I ended up having to limo it (I guess thats the service instead of cabs). It was $67.

The worst part of the hotel is the traffic in front of it. Although the general location is good, getting out of the main lot and onto the roadways is horrible. You will need to allocate time to sitting in traffic to get anywhere.

I stayed here only because of being with my client. If I was traveling for personal reasons I probably would not stay here due to the traffic.

Room Tip: Request a room facing away from main roadways
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights & had a great time. The hotel is very clean & the staff are excellent-they fixed our A/C & phone immediately. It's convenient to upper Manhattan but the traffic over the GW bridge is so unpredictable that you have to factor in more time to account for that. Our kids LOVED the pool-it is very warm-and the adults enjoyed the hot tub. Overall, a very nice hotel & we got a great deal on it from hotels.com.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for choosing our property for your visit to the New Jersey/New York area. All of us here are glad that you chose to stay with us. Our signature Doubletree Cookie is how we greet all of our guests. Nothing makes you feel like you’re at home like a nice, warm cookie. You can also order these cookies online, if you find yourself craving them before your next trip. Our housekeepers work very hard to make sure that our rooms are up to Hilton standards. Our Sweet Dreams beds are designed to put your whole body at rest, to ensure that you get a good night’s sleep. Our restaurant staff only aims to please when preparing your meals. Be sure to stay with us again and try our dinner menu.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

My husband and I traveled to this hotel for one night for his Birthday. Upon check-in, the two people checking us in were unfriendly, not helpful and could barely speak or understand English. When asking them several questions, they did not understand and when they spoke, they whispered and also, we could not understand them. We gave up after a few tries.

We then went across the lobby to the people working at the restaurant to ask them if there was a bar which the website advertizes and they too, could barely understand English and did not know what we were talking about!

One of our pre check in requests was for extra towels, they did not give them to us. We called the front desk and asked them, they said they would be brought right up, they never were. Finally, after we came back from dinner, hours later, they left us a stack of towels!

However, our room was wonderful, clean and tastefully decorated. No noise and quiet. We received a corner room with two windows on the Executive Level as Hilton Gold Members.

We ate at the onsite Restaurant which could have been better. The food was great, but the service was poor. They only had one waiter at dinner time and we had to wait and wait to be asked just for our drink order.

We used the pool and hot tub which were both clean and comfortable. The pool was very warm which I love. However the hot tub was too hot. But overall, not bad.

We took advantage of the executive lounge for breakfast. The food was good and they had a lot to offer.

Overall, a great hotel, they just need better staff. Maybe ones that understand and speak English.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Without feedback we can never deliver or meet our guest’s expectations. I am so sorry to read about your experience, I assure you what you experienced is NOT the norm as you can read from some of our pervious reviews. We strive to make sure that every guest experiences a “10” in customer service. Please accept my sincerest apology for the challenges you experienced and I would like the opportunity to discuss further with you, please email me at ron.droegmyer@hilton.com.
Ron Droegmyer, GM

Reviewed May 24, 2012

we stayed here during the prez day long weekend in feb'12. rooms are nice and clean. it was an impromptu trip and a last minute booking via the hotel website. This hotel has free parking!! i couldn't believe my eyes when i saw that! free parking in New York!?!? driving in nyc is a nightmare and though i had a car, we used the shuttle service, we were the only ones at all times, and they charged 10$ for our baby daughter (1yr) as well.

Pros
- very close to GW bridge
- lot of parking (free!!)
- good breakfast spread
- courteous staff & good restaurant

Cons
-shuttle service is charged facility and few (once in 2hrs)
- they did not offer the double tree cookie when we checked in - we had to ask for it
- no views - our higher floor room overlooked a cemetry and a freeway :-S

Room Tip: well, if your trip is for primarily traveling to NYC, you can stay at this hotel for the proximity. dont expect any nice views from your room though !!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sraghura
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and will certainly share your feedback.We are happy to read that you enjoyed a variety of our amenities.I will share with our team the ones we fell short on.Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Ron Droegmyer, GM

Reviewed May 4, 2012

I decided to get away from the hectic daily routine of living in NYC. My husband and I decided on the double tree george Washington bridge since we just wanted a quick trip. From the moment we arrived everything was great. The staff was friendly, the hotel was busy but didn't seem overwhelming. The restaurant was very nice the food was yummy but a bit pricey. My favorite was the bed!!! Very comfortable and the pillows and duvet was great. We will definitely be coming back!!!

• Stayed: May 2012
RonD D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Thank you for your great review of your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Fort Lee/George Washington Bridge. We take pride in being able to offer all our guests a memorable experience. Our Team Members are what makes our property truly amazing and we will definitely pass on our positive comments to all of them. Thank you again for your amazing review and we look forward to welcome you in the near future.